Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys i was wondering if any of you guys had pics of where your afcI or afc II is placed in or on the dash,im not sure were to place mines... i searched 100 times couldnt come up with anything..

thanks

Jay

·
11,221 Posts
I'm getting one. I plan to just put it in the "DIN" if you have an aftermarket HU. Some others velcrow mount it on top of their steering wheel. I tried that with another unit, but the steering column is too slippery for the velcrow to stick. Other people just stick it in the glove box.

I think the center console box is a decent place. My friend has one and he just sticks it in between the center console and the driver's seat. This unit is very hard to cut a hole and mount it INTO the dash.

If you find a sweet spot, let me know as I'm looking to mount mine too. I want to be able to look at it while driving so I can see the settings. I also like to use it as an electronic RPM unit, cause my tach is kinda off.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I put mine under the location Mike was talking about. If I didn't have the DEFI link controller I would have sunk it in under the radio. I haven't decided if this is where I'll keep it or not, I may move it later or move the DEFI controller. Here is a pic

·
11,221 Posts
How did you get it to hold upright? I heard if you buy it new, it comes with a mounting bracket. I'm buying mine used and it didn't come with anything.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
michaelvanle said:
How did you get it to hold upright? I heard if you buy it new, it comes with a mounting bracket. I'm buying mine used and it didn't come with anything.
I just used velcro. I'll try to get a pic of just the velcro tomorrow. The mounting bracket is removable and I didn't use it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mine is mounted the same way as above pic, except a little to the left with the wire running through below the radio.

-Corey

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
notlownf said:
I put mine under the location Mike was talking about. If I didn't have the DEFI link controller I would have sunk it in under the radio. I haven't decided if this is where I'll keep it or not, I may move it later or move the DEFI controller. Here is a pic

Very nice bro.. i was thinking about putting there as well under the radio not really sure.. on maybe on the left side of the steering wheel but then i will have to cut out alot of my dash out.. so still deciding

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yeh I thought about putting it on the left side of the wheel but I can't do anything left handed and it is also hard to see over there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
michaelvanle said:
How'd you get that to stick?
Its actually insets into the dash and fits flush with the radio and the rest of the dash. I traced the SAFC2 out on the little aftermaket cubby hole under the radio and then cut it out with a dremel tool. I curved the four corners so it actually "snaps" in with a small amount of force and the fit is so snug that there is 0 movement. It just took some time with the dremel to get it just right.

·
11,221 Posts
Can you take any pics with the SAFC out? I guess that you are technically stuck with the SAFC then, because it would suck if you get rid of it and have a hole there.

·
Registered
342 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Can you take any pics with the SAFC out? I guess that you are technically stuck with the SAFC then, because it would suck if you get rid of it and have a hole there.

Yea, I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. As far as being stuck with the SAFC, its not that bad. I didnt cut any of the original dash. Just the cubby hole that is part of the aftermarket radio adapter. If I decide I want to get rid of it, all I have to do is go buy another radio adapter from the stereo shop for cheap or put my original radio back in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts