Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please tell me how to richen fuel 20% from 4000-8000 rpms. step by step. Andi suggested i do this with a big single on stock fuel but im not 100% sure i know how to do it and i dont want to mess it up. thanx

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
gritsak said:
can someone please tell me how to richen fuel 20% from 4000-8000 rpms. step by step. Andi suggested i do this with a big single on stock fuel but im not 100% sure i know how to do it and i dont want to mess it up. thanx
1) read the Super-AFC user's guide. There's an online version at www.apexi-usa.com

2) Set the throttle point to 60%.

3) don't touch the low throttle map. leave it set to zero accross the board.

4) goto setting, high-throttle map, and set the fuel ratio upwards to 20% for 4000 to 8000RPM. It's like setting a digital graphic equalizer on a late model stereo.. easy as cake once you've read the user's guide.

Andi

P.S. the 20% was just a conservative guess as to how much more rwhp the T78 flows than stock at the same boost levels. I highly suggest you run 15psi only (no boost controller). And now that I think about it, a T78 makes more like 25% more rwhp at 15psi than stock twins.. so you may want to make it 25% rather than 20%.. but I highly suggest this only be a temporary measure, till you can go dyno tune with a wideband o2.

If you decide you're going to be running a T78 for a good amount of time on the stock fuel system, I highly suggset getting a Walbro pump to replace the stocker (slightly more flow and more reliable at constant 12v operation), a fuel pressure damper bypass, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator so you can bump up the fuel pressure slightly (since the injectors will be the bottleneck).

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the help andi. im using just the wastegate to control boost and its venting about 15-16 psi. my egt's havent risen much at all above 700 so i think thats a good sign, im gonna try and skeem up a plan to get enough money for a fuel system asap. i dont want to risk the engine any longer then i have to. thanx again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts