Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
From what i heard its runable without it and that people remove it for a little more flow when making a lot of power, but its main job is to straighten out air flow for the karmen vortex, if you look around, i'm sure someone has one for sale, aight peace :chicken:

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Ummm when Installing K&N I kinda "Slipped" and fucked mine up, but I ghetto rigged it back together ( not too bad actually ). I didn't notice any problems.

·
SF in my veins... sigh
1,586 Posts
Posted this answer on your thread in the Can forum too.....

Yes it's required. Your AFM is called a "Karmen Vortex" meter which requires laminar air flow to properly drive the vortex. The honeycomb smooths out the air flow. If you run without it your AFM will not be reading the correct amount of intake air and thus your car is destined to probably run really badly

Alas it's not sold seperately.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
yeah i agree with 51 cards as well however i know the car CAN be run without it....just not well...

on a side note....your BOV is being sent out on monday ill give you the tracking number when i get it :)

·
Back to Action!
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So being it that common opinion says I need it, I don't suppose the honeycomb is a piece I can pull out of my n/a intake?

G

·
In theory a K&N filter (or similar) should be able to straighten that air out so it can be read correctly, right?

Just a thought.

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
i have an extra afm w/o electronics

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
lancefloyd said:
In theory a K&N filter (or similar) should be able to straighten that air out so it can be read correctly, right?

Just a thought.
nope. you NEED the "honeycomb" to ensure proper laminar airflow to the sensor....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts