Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
way over budget
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my efi fuse kept blowing whenever i'd turn the car on, searched and decided to start unplugging stuff and seeing if fuse would blow. went through everything then finally tried the afm and the fuse didn't blow with the afm unplugged. I'm confused, i've never heard of a bad afm blowing the fuse. Do you think the afm is bad or is it a wire going to the afm that is shorting? Please help soon, i'd really like to drive my car again.

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
I had an EFI Fuse blowing problem once. I really don't know exactly what it was. I pulled out the TSRM and followed every thing on the EFI wire and replaced each thing. Not the cheapest route, but problem is solved. Also, mine would only blow when I got well into boost.

Actually I remember now, it was the EFI Relay in the Engine Bay Fuse Block. It was too hot to touch when I had the problem. Replaced it now it is fine, and no more Fuse Blowing problem.

Dale

·
way over budget
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i read your posts in the threads i found in search. I went back outside and messed with it some more, and i was thingking it was the afm wires grounding out somewhere or something, so to check i plugged it back in, turned the key to on and the fuse didn't blow. so now i'm just pissed, it would probably blow under load like yours did if it ran, but before this started i had just replaced my head and tps so my timing is probably off some and i haven't set my tps so it didn't run well before this started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts