Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Recently, my car suddenly developed a horrible idle and inability to rev. My first thought was the AFM and after checking the codes and getting 24 and 31 I assumed I was correct.

I then got another working AFM and the same exact thing happened.

I've tested continuity between either ends on the wiring harness and all 5 wires going between the AFM and ECU have continuity.

Since code 24 and 31 and seperate systems, it could have also been a bad positive or ground. I checked at the AFM end on the wiring harness with the key in the "on" position and I got 5 volts which is what it should be.

I also have a ground strap on the AFM.

I guess my next step is to get another working ECU.

If there is anything anyone could suggest or add, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
372 Posts
Check the brown wire on your O2 sensor... I know it doesn't make sense but mine was cracked and I kept pulling 24 and 31 codes....as soon as I fixed it no more codes

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I just checked the O2 sensor wire and all parts showing look visibly fine. I also just swapped another ECU in and it runs slightly better but still throws the codes. I assume if the code 24 IAT is being thrown whatever the last temp outside on the other ECU got locked in so that is why it seems to run slightly better.

Basically, it still runs like crap though...

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,143 Posts
I'm leaning towards bad sensor(s).

Some say the continuity test isn't a sure fire tell tale.

Get a confirmed "good" sensor off a working car, and try that.
It's what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fozbo said:
Man Alex, your car just has all kinds of electrical demons :p.
yeah, but the eletrical demons don't keep the car down as long as your rod knock

...pwned

BTW I have tried another AFM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts