Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Fly boys drive fast toys.
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok all of us NA-T owners know of the problem with the open air BOV where after moving the bov dumps air after that air had been counted for in the AFM bla bla bla

so the other week hanging out with kirk, we came up with the idea, to move the AFM and put it right before the throttle body, and put the BOV infront of the AFM....

has anyone done this? pics?

any heads up would be great

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
yes its been done before. only problem you are facing there is making your MAF read very turbulant, forced air, i know the na maf has a honeycomb grid right before the MAF in the casing to smooth out as much air flow as possible, but i think i remember reading a year or so ago when i faced the same decision that you have to put it as far away from that bend in the intake pipe that goes into the TB out of the fender, the bend will creat alot of turbulance and you risk not having the right amount of air metered, most likely making your car run rich.

so in theory i would work perfectly fine, but the only problem would be forcing your MAF to read forced air instead of just regular atmospheric pressure levels..

but i gues it would work better then just venting to the atmo..

oh, and i remember seeing pictures of the set up you are talking about.
its on here some where, i'll have to search

· Speed limits = Guidelines
2,352 Posts
another set up is to have a recirculation bov...most people route them after the TB like the TT has from the factory i believe....but i recently heard of an even better set up

they send the recirculated air into the turbo inlet which instead of the turbo slowing down from surge it speeds up, reducing lag between gears...in ur case using the MAF you would have it go into the inlet after the MAF so it wouldnt read the air twice...

thought about doing this set up for myself, but didnt want to weld onto my inlet tube, plus my bov is on the other side of the engine so not such a good idea for my set up

· 2JZ-GET Single
130 Posts
Search is your friend. Not to flame anyone so... its to run a tube or pipe from the outlet of the bov to the pipe that connects your maf to the turbo. My HKS SSQBOV is recirculated and im working on an idea to help from stalling when you let off from boost.

· 2JZ-GET Single
130 Posts
Whatever you guys do, it's not going to WORK. You do realize that it's not just the MAF but also the ECU. Just go AEM, they took care both problems but designing the EMS and converting to MAP.

Thanks but we all know the EMS can fix it all but i think this thread was started to see if anyone had any new ways to fix an old problem that doesn't cost $2000...

· Fly boys drive fast toys.
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whatever you guys do, it's not going to WORK. You do realize that it's not just the MAF but also the ECU. Just go AEM, they took care both problems but designing the EMS and converting to MAP.
well i got the Neo for now so i got enough play to tune a little bit, i think the open bov is still the main part of the problem..

plus i know a bunch of NA-T guys that have the SAME problem, and yea, i would love a EMS but once again.... 2000k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.