Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Aeromotive AFPR, and can not get my fuel pressure to change. I've turned the adjustment screw all the way left and then right, and the pressure stays at 24psi (without vac). Although when hitting the throttle, the pressure does rise. It's seem the adjustment screw is too short, and isn't making contact with the diaphram... Has anyone heard of regulators being bad out of the box?
Thanks,
Jason - Red '88T04

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
I had no problem with my Aeromotive AFPR. I installed and without vac. was running like 51 PSI so then turned screw in as in tightening it,til I got to 40. I don't see what could be wrong. You bypass the J Tube with the return line?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. J-tube is gone.
I have both a electrical and mechanical gauge, and they are telling the same story. The fuel pump is a MK4 pump with less than 15K miles. I still think the issue lies with the regulator...
Thanks,
Jason - Red '88T04

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved.
The port in which the adjustment screw screws into, has not been threaded (tapped) all the way down! I'm sending the unit back to Aeromotive and they will either re-tap the hole or send me another regulator.
Just thought I'd pass the info along...

Jason - Red '88T04

1 - 4 of 4 Posts