Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the cartech afpr already with fittings that is -8 an. I need to change that to -6 or -10.. which is best suited?

I am thinking -6 .

and is the rail a 12mm thread. I need to know the pitch.. is it a 1.0 or 1.25 or 1.50 or 1.75 ??

also will the return hard pipe be able to attach to the -6 an hose? or do I need a fitting that can be inserted into a 2 exisiting fuel hose which can be clamped on ?

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
The FPD inlet is 14X1.5mm thread - so you'll need 14X1.5 to 6AN fitting.
The location for the stock FPR is 12X1.25mm - so you'll need 12X1.25 to 6AN
fitting
You can bypass the "J" tube and attach the -6 hose directly to the stock return line. Hope everything works out.

Khris

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The FPD inlet is 14X1.5mm thread - so you'll need 14X1.5 to 6AN fitting.

wait. i dont get you.. I know theres two holes on the rail

one is for dampener and other is regulator

i know for sure I will remove the regulator and attach that straight to afpr. will I leave the dampener alone??

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
If you plan on removing the dampner and running -6 hose to the rail the size fitting you will need is 14 x 1.5 mm. If you are not going to remove the dampner then leave it attached as stock set-up.

KB

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
You DO NOT need to do anything with the dampner side if you don't want to.

I removed mine and all of the snake tubing from the dampner down to the fuel tubing running from the tank. I ran a -6AN from this tubing up to the rail and installed a 14X1.5 to 6AN fitting into the rail.

I would highly recommend on the FPR side that you bypass the J-tube and go directly back to the return line, and also somewhere before the new FPR install a Fuel Pressure gauge so you know where you're at. I feel that is very important.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah man.

I dont have extra $ yet .. but I plan to add a fuel pressure gauge on my cockpit. so I can keep a eye on it when driving.

this is "for now" to tune the pressure.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
That gauge is perfect, if you're low on cash. I set mine at 40psi at idle. You can leave the Dampener side alone, you can even run rubber hose with those AN fittings. Looks like you just need the 12X1.25 to 6AN fitting and a female 6AN fitting.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
What kind of FPR and how much?

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the site is good.. I already got the part ordered from the earl's catalog . I have aeroquip catalog too. but they dont have 1.25 thread pitch.. earl does. so it costed me 6.99 for that. Im getting it in 3 days :)

thanks for the resources, dr jonez! :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts