Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will i need an AFPR for my 550s, i think i already have a walbro from the previous owner, id like to know if mkiv 550s will require an AFPR they are fawkin expensive with lines.

~scott

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,528 Posts
i think it's always good getting a FPR... it's only around 100-150 bux for the aeromotive one.

also off topic but do the stock MK4 injectors fit in the stock mk3 fuel rail?

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they fit in a 1jz rail, and i would be running these injectors near their dutycycle limit with a 61mm single...i just wanna make sure that ill need to increase fuel pressure.

~scott

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
You can't make 500hp on a budget, remember that.

Whats another couple hundred? It is another tuning device that can really dial in your setup.

Also, VERIFY that walbro. If you are not sure pull down the take and look.

Also get those 550s flow balanced. Having an unknown flowing setup is a recipe for disaster and can quickly claim your motor. At the very LEAST:

New walbro, or pull down the tank and check your screen on the walbro
New fuel filter
Bypass the dampener on the stock system, why not
Flow balanced 550s
WIDEBAND setup, w/ logging

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
My detuned setup for a few months is going to be a GT4088, 550s, supra pump, afpr, power fc, wideband. Should be good for 400's wheel hp til i call nasa for a bigger fuel system

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i see your point about the AFR and i do have 550s that were cleaned and balanced already. And yes its only a few hundred more but 300 bones is 300 bones.

~scott

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
For $150 or so you can do the whole set up.
Its not needed, but deff makes things easier in the long run. Makes it easier to tune them down or get more out of them with pressure

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, where i can i get a set up for $150, the pump alone is almost 150, did u use stainless steel lines?

~scott

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not a bad deal, can anyone help me out with what fittings / lines id need to run the aeromotive 13101?

~scott

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
honestly AFPR is the most useful for tuning... More then electronics. I use it to smoothen out my base line.

I don't ever like adding fuel via computer. I like having too much fuel and having the computer take care of taking it out. That way I don't run lean.

But you should be fine with 550's but you will be uber rich with them unless you use something to trim the extra fuel.

I know on my 550's even at base pressure I was 10:1 until i took care of that with the emanage.

btw they have ebay knock offs now.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
i need to get one :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts