Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that he is a well known member here and there will be nutswingers that will come into this thread. I dont want it to come to this but this has been way too long and there is NO communication with him. Ignoring my emails for the whole week when he knows that Im on a time crunch to get my car tuned while being active on the forums EVERYDAY is utter bullshit!!! Below are the email transcriptions of this transaction when a major problem occurred after the item's arrival:

Vince N <[email protected]>
toDarin Dichiara <[email protected]>

dateThu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:40 AM
subjectDamaged Hypertune Throttle Body..
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 11/20/08 Reply

Darin,

I just got the shipment in and it looks like the TB has been damaged during shipment. I have taken pictures of the box (box was not damaged thats why I accepted the package), as well as the bent pulley. Also, I took a picture of how far the tb would open before it gets "stuck". I think double boxing the manifold would have prevented this. What are my options?

-Vince

fromDarin Dichiara <[email protected]>
[email protected]

toVince N <[email protected]>

dateThu, Nov 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM
subjectRe: Damaged Hypertune Throttle Body..

Damnit! How the heck did that happen? The shaft is probably bent on the throttlebody now. You will have to take the pulley off and straighten it along with the throttle shaft. If you aren't able to get it fixed to your satisfaction I will have to check and see how much it was insured for and see if I can get you a new one.

-Darin

fromVince N <[email protected]>
[email protected]

dateThu, Nov 20, 2008 at 7:03 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

Darin,

Even with the amount of popcorn u had in the box, the manifold can still "move" back and forth and probably hit sometime or the piping. Double boxing it would have prevented this. Its too late now. I'll open it up right now and see what i can do, if it doesnt work, can u get me the replacement parts/throttle body?

-Vince

[email protected]

dateThu, Nov 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

Darin,
I showed the manifold to couple of my supra friends and they all agreed with me that it doesnt look like I can fix the damaged parts on the throttle body without further damaging other parts and that I shoud leave it to a professional. I think the best course of action is to send you back the throttle body and have you take a look at it. Can you give me the address where u would like me to send the throttle body to? I'll ship it out tomorrow.

-Vince

[email protected]

dateFri, Nov 21, 2008 at 3:21 PM

hide details 11/21/08 Reply

Send it back to Titan. 1714 N Goldenrod Rd Orlando FL 32807

I will send you a replacement one when I get it. The box was insured for 300 bucks I think so that should cover the throttlebody. Hopefully insurance will cover it.

-Darin

[email protected]

dateMon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:08 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 11/24/08 Reply

Darin,

I shipped it out on friday. You should be getting it by this friday at the latest.

[email protected]

dateWed, Dec 3, 2008 at 3:10 PM

hide details 12/3/08 Reply

Yes, It's already fixed and on the way back to you. The shaft was just a little bent.

-Darin

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[email protected]

dateThu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:02 AM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 12/4/08 Reply

Darin,

I got it today. Thanks for the quick shipping. I see that you grinded off some of the base below the pulley so it stopped it from grinding. It is functional now and I dont mind the grinded parts because it is hidden behind the throttlebody. However, the billet pulley is one of the centerpieces of this awesome intake manifold and with the cracks, clamp marks as well as the "distorted" pulley, it is sorta an eyesore even to a non-perfectionist like me. Is it possible for you to piece out a replacement pulley for me? Since Titan sells Hypertune products, vendor relationships and your discount, it is easier for you to get it than me. If you feel that you have done enough and dont want to cover for the cost of the replacement, I am willing to pay for it at my own cost.

Regards,

-Vince

toDarin Dichiara <[email protected]>

dateTue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM
subjectFwd: Damaged Hypertune Throttle Body..
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 6 Reply

Darin,

Its been 1 month and I have yet to get a response from you about this email. Have you gotten a chance to source out a pulley for me?

-Vince

[email protected]

dateTue, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:38 PM
subjectRe: Fwd: Damaged Hypertune Throttle Body..

hide details Jan 6 Reply

Vince, I will look into this today. I am sure we can get the pulley, i'm just not sure how long it will take. I will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks.
-Darin

[email protected]

dateFri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 9 Reply

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
dateFri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 9 Reply

Darin,

Im not very happy right now as I write this but Im going to keep this professional and civilized because I want to give you a chance to rectify this situation so we both can move on with our lives.

-Picture of condition of each of the items (minus the piping) were shown to me.

-You sold me a Hypertune Manifold, Throttlebody and Pipe (unpolished) for agreed amount.with no mention of defects or flaws.

-I deposited said amount to your bank account and you shipped it out in a box filled with just Popcorn causing the TB and the Piping to move around and get dented/damaged.

-You asked me to try to fix it myself and after examination of other local known Supraforums members and myself, we agreed that it can NOT be fixed back to the condition of said items when the transaction was agreed upon.

-TB was sent back for you to fix/replace damaged TB (back to condition of item when sale was made).

-You sent back the TB to me, with all due respect, "mickey mousing" the work by grinding down the stoppers (defacing the throttle body section) and half ass fixed the (pulley got defaced to semi straighten it back up with a cramp/plier - Its still not even straight/true) throttle cable pulley.

-I politely asked if you can source me out another replacement pulley (in which u damaged due to your shipping) because you work at TITAN MOTORSPORTS and Titan carries that brand. I even offered to pay for the replacement of the pulley just to speed things up. (I had the vibe that you wanted the easiest and cheapest way out of this mess that you caused so I didnt even bother to ask you to pay for it)

-You ignore my email for one whole month.

-After I couldnt wait any longer, I emailed you and asked you politely if you have gotten my email about a replacement pulley. You said you will "get back to me tomorrow" (which would have been two days ago).

-I have not heard from you since(3 days later).

-Today is what really did it for me Darin.

-You sold me an unpolished piping for use with the Hypertune Intake Manifold.

-No mention of any damages or flaws of the piece except that it was unpolished.

-I get the syran wrapped piping and it was dented by your shipping methods.

-Im not too anal and I didnt want to give you a hard time so I didnt care too much because the damaged Throttle body was more important.

-I sent it out to my polish guy in socal to polish my piping and other items for my build.

-He calls me and tells me the TIG welds were poorly done and theres cracks and holes all over.

-I get it back today and took it to my friends shop and everyone was amazed at welds that were done on it. It has cracks all over. There were places that had no welds at all and the areas that had some had very little spot welds. Polishing it showed all the defects.

-They wouldnt recommend me to use the piping unless I get it fixed/redone or get a new one.

-So bascially, the pipe I bought from you is unusable as is.

If you were in my shoes in this transaction, how would u react/feel? Am I right to feel like Ive gotten "shafted" by you? Ive been polite and professional to you this whole transaction, even letting you off on damaged items because it was mostly cosmetics to me (dent on the bottom of the piping). However, when the functionality and integrity of an item is in question, I can not let it go.
Nobody is perfect. We've all make mistakes more than once in our lives. I'm giving you a chance to man up and make things right so we both can move on with our lives. Either you can repair/replace the unuseable piping and replace the pulley (this time I dont agree to pay for the replacement of my pulley out of my own pocket) or give me a refund for the piping and compensating for me for the damaged pulley that you damaged. If you feel that your obligations to this transaction ends the moment you carelessly shipped out my items, then I am more than willing to go get a public opinion on this.

Sincerely,

Vincent

408-230-9829[/B]

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

[email protected]

dateFri, Jan 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM

hide details Jan 9 Reply

Vince, just go ahead and send the throttle body back and I will ship you a brand new one. Sean was working on getting me a pulley and I was waiting to hear back from him, so I am sorry I didn't get back to you the next day.

As far as the intercooler pipe goes. I'm sorry that happened. It is common to have a polisher burn through on thin wall aluminum piping. It has nothing to do with the weld quality. The only way to avoid that problem is by using thicker wall tubing or just be more careful when polishing.

I can have a new intercooler pipe made for you this week, but it will be with the same thickness tubing. Just be careful to avoid burn through when you polish it, especially on the bends where the aluminum is very thin.

Let me know if this sounds ok to you, or if there is another way you would like it handled.

Thanks
-Darin

[email protected]

dateFri, Jan 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 9 Reply

Darin, that sounds fair. I'll ship it out USPS tomorrow with signature.

-Vince

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[email protected]

dateFri, Jan 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 9 Reply

You only need the Throttle body back correct? You dont need the piping right? Because i can save more money if I dont have to ship the piping back.

-Vince

Darin Dichiara <[email protected]>
[email protected]

dateFri, Jan 9, 2009 at 7:47 PM

hide details Jan 9 Reply

No, don't need the piping. Do you want the pipe made the same way to bolt up to the greddy 4 row piping? Or do you want it like most people do it through the body in the front going straight to the intercooler.

-Darin

[email protected]

dateSat, Jan 10, 2009 at 3:27 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 10 Reply

Darin, can you please make me the piping that goes straight from the throttle body to the 4 row intercooler.

Thanks

-Vince

P.S.Sent at the TB to you via USPS. U should get it by tuesday.

[email protected]nmotorsports.com

dateMon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM

hide details Jan 19 Reply

Have you sent the throttle body yet? What address do you want the new one sent to. I have the new throttlebody ready to go and am still waiting on materials for the new IC pipe.

Thanks.
-Darin

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[email protected]

dateMon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:16 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 19 Reply

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?language=english&cntry_code=us&tracknumbers=468656810117751

It got delivered to Titan on monday, signed by Khay.

[email protected]

dateThu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:51 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 22 Reply

Darin,

Any new status updates on the throttle body and piping?

-Vince

[email protected]

dateFri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:01 AM

hide details Jan 23 Reply

I have the new throttlebody, the piping should be here beginning of next week so hopefully I can get that done and shipped out before the end of next week.

Thanks.
-Darin

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[email protected]

dateFri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 23 Reply

sounds good!

-Vince

[email protected]

dateThu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:49 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Jan 29 Reply

Darin, its almost been a week. Did u get a chance to ship out the piping and the throttlebody yet?

-Vince

[email protected]

dateThu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:45 PM

I still don't have the pipe done. I will ship the throttle body to you tomorrow. The problem is, I don't have a car to mock up the intercooler pipe on right now. The car that I need to use to mock up the pipe on is still not back from the body shop. I was expecting it to be back this week. I need to have a car with a greddy 4 row and a hypertune intake to make the pipe on. If I make it just by guessing it may not fit right on your car. If you want I can send you materials that you can use to make the new pipe yourself. Otherwise, this car should be back next week. Sorry this is taking so long! Is this the only thing your car is waiting on or are you still in the process of building the rest of the car?

-Darin

[email protected]

dateThu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:54 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

My head is finally done /supertech +1mm and ready for pickup at the machine shop. I m waiting for the pipe so that I can get a HKS bov flange and the AEM sensor bung welded on. John Reed is supposed to tune the car in 3 -4 weeks so if you can get the piping and throttle body to me next week or so that would work for me. My car wont be going anymore and Im sure other problems will come up before I'm ready for tuning.

-Vince

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
dateFri, Feb 6, 2009 at 4:52 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Feb 6 (8 days ago) Reply

Darin, any news regarding the piping?

-Vince

[email protected]

dateMon, Feb 9, 2009 at 7:32 PM

hide details Feb 9 (5 days ago) Reply

The car still hasn't gotten back from the body shop. No word on when it will be done. I don't have another car to make the pipe on. What would you like to do, I don't want to keep saying I'll have it done because I have no idea when this car will be back. It keeps getting delayed. I have the throttle body, and I have materials to make the piping just no car with a greddy 4 row and hypertune intake that I can make the pipe on.

Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks.
-Darin

[email protected]

dateMon, Feb 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Feb 9 (5 days ago) Reply

Darin,

Honestly speaking, what do you think would be the ETA for the car to come out of the bodyshop and for you to make the piping and send it to me? John Reed will be coming I think around Feb 21st of this month. Would that be a possible timeframe to get it to me maybe 3 days or so ahead so I can get the HKS bov flange welded and the hole made to run the piping through? If not please let me know so I can figure something out with John.

Thanks!

-Vince

[email protected]

dateFri, Feb 13, 2009 at 6:05 PM
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details Feb 13 (1 day ago) Reply

Darin,

Why havent you respond to my email? Its been 4 days!!!

-Vince

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What I want....

Now im fucked because I wont get my parts Ive bought for 4 months and will have to miss my tuning session that Ive setup for the past 4 months!!! He has NO sense of urgency and does not even attempt to man up and keep in touch with me. I have yet to hear back from him even though Ive in a time crunch. How disrespectful is that? And Ive been very understanding and patient. AND HE IS IGNORING MY EMAILS!!!!!

He listed Titan's Phone number but when I call and ask for him, they wont put me through. Sean (2jzmk3) was his "sales rep" when I tried to talk to Darin on the phone. I was not allowed to speak to Darin because he was busy. So my ONLY medium is through email. He has ignored my email again for 6 Days!!! when he knows im in a time crunch with tuning. Now im fucked. I cant get my car tuned this month. FUCK!!!

Darin, you need to MAN UP. I didnt want to go public but ignoring me is not a good BUSINESS PRACTICE and does not show that you have any INTEGRITY. ITS BEEN FOUR FUCKING GOD DAMN MONTHS!!!!Here is what I want:

1. Please ship to me my new replacement Hypertune 100mm Throttle Body that I am owed MONDAY!!!

AND

Option 2a:

Please also ship to me the promised new piping (DONE RIGHT not HALF ASSED) MONDAY that you said you were going to make me a month ago!!!

OR

Option 2b:

Please paypal me $155 dollars (I paid you $150 for the used piping + 5 bucks to cover for my paypal fees). My paypal is [email protected]

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That sux man!!! If it helps i have a nrand new hypertune TB and Manifold here if you need it :)
I paid for it 4 months ago. I dont see why I have to pay for another one ;-( I have already spent $20 bucks to ship back the items twice!!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wow that's not right ........Vince is nothing but a 1st rate guy to deal with an excellent communicator and Extremley patient . This must be totally out of hand to cause you to arch up ( and i don't blame you ) .

This is somthing that would happen to me ...i really really feel for you mate .

Hope somone has the pills to man up for the trouble and frustration not to mention the time and expence to get this right for you.

·
1500+ rwhp member
912 Posts
Not that this is the solution, but he has the new throttlebody and is wiling to send the pipe, why not just have someone fab it locally so you can make your appointment? Its not really that difficult to have an intercooler pipe made.

I completely understand your frustration, but this is something you could have finished quick locally.

Rich

·
Registered
176 Posts
yeah but it cost money to have someone locally mock something up. Darin should just make one of his guys go to the body shop with the parts and put it together since the body shop keeps delaying it im pretty sure they can hold off a day to get this guys stuff done.

·
Motec - Race Smart
1,086 Posts
Vince, I have no way of making that intercooler pipe for you. As I said I have a new throttlebody and the materials for the pipe, but no car with a hypertune and greddy ic to make the pipe on. At this point I have already gone out of my to try and help you and I keep asking you what you want me to do.

Now that you have posted this it makes me not want to help you out at all. Your polisher ruined that intercooler pipe and the throttlebody which I offered to send you a new one was damaged in shipping. What do you want me to do?

-Darin

·
Registered
378 Posts
What do you want me to do?

-Darin

Did you not read post #10? He was very clear...

Here is what I want:

1. Please ship to me my new replacement Hypertune 100mm Throttle Body that I am owed MONDAY!!!

AND

Option 2a:

Please also ship to me the promised new piping (DONE RIGHT not HALF ASSED) MONDAY that you said you were going to make me a month ago!!!

OR

Option 2b:

Please paypal me $155 dollars (I paid you $150 for the used piping + 5 bucks to cover for my paypal fees). My paypal is [email protected]

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not that this is the solution, but he has the new throttlebody and is wiling to send the pipe, why not just have someone fab it locally so you can make your appointment? Its not really that difficult to have an intercooler pipe made.

I completely understand your frustration, but this is something you could have finished quick locally.

Rich
I wasnt planning to go this route because is going to cost me MORE money that was not MY FAULT in the first place. Where is the courtesy to respond to me? He ignores me for almost one whole week (last time was for 1 month) but after I posted this, he responds in mere hours after ive gone public with this? Am I being unreasonable here with my demands? If he cant deliver the piping, SAY SO and work me out a solution. Dont make me email him asking where it is and he just ignore my emails!!!

ON2U, Mugg, SupraTTJay, Sorriso - Thanks guys for understanding my plight.

Vince, I have no way of making that intercooler pipe for you. As I said I have a new throttlebody and the materials for the pipe, but no car with a hypertune and greddy ic to make the pipe on. At this point I have already gone out of my to try and help you and I keep asking you what you want me to do.

Now that you have posted this it makes me not want to help you out at all. Your polisher ruined that intercooler pipe and the throttlebody which I offered to send you a new one was damaged in shipping. What do you want me to do?

-Darin

Darin, if u have NO way of making me the intercooler piping for me than SAY SO. DOnt IGNORE ME FOR almost 1 week!!! I last heard from you on Monday. Have you gone out of ur way to help me? Really? By ignoring me? Why didnt you respond to my emails but you were so quick to respond in mere hours after this post went public? Dont you have an obligation to make things right with your customer? Am I being unreasonable with my demands?? I NEVER called you a scammer. You need to man up and make things right as a seller and not put me on the backburner for a week. IVE BEEN IN THE DARK FOR ALMOST A WEEK BECAUSE I GOT NO RESPONSE FROM YOU. Do as you promised or if u cant deliver then give me my money back and send me my replacement parts just like I posted on page 10 and we both can go on with our lives. My paypal account is open.

It is not you being nice about this transaction, it is your obligation to make things right to me as a buyer because it is "YOUR FUCKUP on the SHIPPING" (Im not even going to go on about the weld quality of the piping) and not keep me in the freaking dark for almost a week. If you have emailed me back even one time this week, i wouldnt have to make it public to get things resolved. Like I said, see post #10 in big fonts. Thats all i ask and we both can move on with our lives.

-Vince

·
Registered
2,712 Posts

-Darin
I think the easiest, fastest and quickest way to resolve this is to ship the throttle body on Monday then refund his ic piping by paypal'ing $155 immediately. Then everything will be settled between the 2 of you and no more waiting/frustration.

1 and option 2b

Edit: Did I just read that the whole package was insured for only $300????

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.