Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I put some 104 unleaded fuel in the car finally, and got some good 15psi pulls in. While driving I felt something wierd vibrate thru the shifter, but the car felt fine. I pretty much ignored it and didnt drive in boost the rest of the way.

Anyway, when getting home the car developed a slight misfire and my idle is lumpy. Goes up and down 100-200 rpm, like I was stepping on the gas and letting off. Any Ideas? I dont hear that much misfire popping when the RPM's are going up and down.

This is also the first time I drove the car this hard.

Also, this morning I started the car, idled perfectly. Stepped on the gas a bit, and the rpm's started jumping up and down 100 rpm's. After a few minutes idle went back to normal. Gave it some more gas, same thing, maybe 1-1:30 min of wierd idle, then back to normal.

·
Fan of Stock Twins
249 Posts
Sounds like unmetered air is entering your engine. Maybe a hose popped off during your hard drive.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No CEL's, just changed plugs and reset ecu, same thing. Intercooler piping seems ok, and my eyes couldnt catch any vac lines popped off. ill try and do a boost leak test this weekend. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
952 Posts
No CEL's, just changed plugs and reset ecu, same thing. Intercooler piping seems ok, and my eyes couldnt catch any vac lines popped off. ill try and do a boost leak test this weekend. Thanks guys.
after a ecu reset, the ECU has to relearn so your ilde will adjust until ECU fully learns. Thats what happen when I reset my ECU. Also changing the plugs and depending if you gap them or not, you will get that slight misfire/lumpy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts