Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone gone that far (other than dedicated cars)? Swapping to a larger MC and removing the ABS unit.... if so, have you had any regrets?

Edit: well I think I found the answers to my questions already..but still interested to hear from others.

·
!black
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For many cars, the ABS is more of a hinderance on the track than helpful. In most of my cars, ABS was either not present from factory or never worked right :lol:

It seems most supras end up keeping it unless it's a true racer (even then...)

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
Why are you considering removing it? Do you want to lock the tires easier, you'll probably flat spot them more often.

I've considered the MC replacement especially once a bigger caliper is added. I think it may be worth replacing with a new/remanufactured stock unit given the age, but I don't know a lot about brake systems.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
I replaced my OE master cylinder late last year -- no noticeable difference. Don't replace if for age concerns until you have a problem. :)

·
TX2K7 roadrace champion
1,544 Posts
dont remove it

unless u want to go threw trouble of a brake bias system and all kinds of junk... even then.. ide take abs any day of the week.... esp on sat and sun!!

·
Heavy Metal Momentum
1,121 Posts
Thanks for the info folks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Guys,

I would never remove ABS, after racing a couple of years now with ABS. during my qualifying session at Buttonwillow I didn't have ABS and flat spotted 2 tires. If I didn't have spares with me, the race would not have happened. I thought of every conceivable weight reduction change while bringing the weight down to 3,060 lbs. with a roll cage, but I would never remove ABS. In fact, right now I in the process of changing my ABS sensor to correct the problem. A must have for racing.

Steven A.
Supra Racing Team

1 - 11 of 11 Posts