Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i got new pads installed by toyota, they started to make this "tic" noise as i step on the brake and the pads themselves are squealing...(the parking lot is the worse, on the road its somewhat ok). Is this normal for new toyota pads?

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
s14roller said:
after i got new pads installed by toyota, they started to make this "tic" noise as i step on the brake and the pads themselves are squealing...(the parking lot is the worse, on the road its somewhat ok). Is this normal for new toyota pads?
Your best bet would be to pick up some "anti squeel" goop from your local parts place and liberally apply it to the backs of the new pads. Not guaranteed to work, but it's worth a shot. Of course if you had the 'yota dealer do it, I would just bring it to them. I just swapped out for OEM pads a month ago and I'm getting a slight squeel when they are cold.

Ryan

·
You Can [Not] Advance
2,871 Posts
I have OEM pads in the rear and they do that when they are cold. It really makes you feel bad when its squeeling at low speeds. Also i had my Toyota Dealership do it but i dont think ill be going back there again to get anything done

·
wut
363 Posts
s14roller said:
Yea, they should have added that anti-squeal lube as it says to specifically do so in the factory manual. I would take it back to the dealer and have them correct it.

N

·
0 Posts
I have this EXACT problem. I bought new rotors (not oem) and oem pads... I also bought new anti-squeal shims and that goo stuff and I still get lotsa squealing when breaking at low speeds. If I jam my foot down on the brakes it doesn't squeal... but in traffic and parking lots this is driving me mad.

If someone has a really good combination of rotors and pads please let me know... because these slotted/cross-drilled rotors and oem pads arent doing it for me. If anything, I would go back to oem rotors *if* i knew this would fix the problem. It's just a lotta money to keep having to buy rotors. *sigh*

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i'm getting them to look at it tomm. morning so i'll let u guys know. I looked at the job today and there seems to be anti-seize stuff on it since some of the white goo got onto my fingers. One of the pads can also be moved alil up and down with my fingers...that cant be good. I'll let u guys kno what happens.

·
Addicted to // TRD
283 Posts
Well, I just put on new cross drilled rotors(unknown brand) with Hawk HP pads. I replaced front and rear. Since I work at a Toyota dealer, I got the anti sqealing kit there and I got it insall there also. Notice that I used Hawk pads instead of oem. I heard that Hawk pads are really good with cross drilled or slotted rotors. Oem pads are only recommend if you use oem rotors, not with cross drilled or slotted. I guessed the reason mine turn out fine because the combination of Hawk pads and anti sqealing kits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts