Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off I have searched and did not find what i was looking for......... ok I am trying to install an aftermarket alarm with keyless entry so i was thinking i could just remove the stock alarm because most of the wires needed are already there and i could just take it out and splice the new wires in and run the rest where i need them, so does any one know where I can get a wiring diagram for the stock alarm.... which wires are door locks, corner lights, etc.

thanks in advance ~steve

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW ... i checked the TSRM... and i want a wiring diagram i can understand, like: green wire =corner lights, stuff like that

·
Registered
121 Posts
u have a test light? or probe? what type of alarm basic? light wire unlock/lock can be found by kicker panel n the ignition wires and everything esle could be located under the steering coloum pretty simple best way is to test for wires on the harness i'd be glad to take alook at my car later when i get home for you if noone replys to you

·
Registered
121 Posts
Starter Black/White Ignition Switch
12V Constant White Ignition Switch
Ignition Grey Ignition Switch
Heater Black/Orange Ignition Switch
Accessory Blue/Red Ignition Switch
Courtesy Lights(-) Red/White Driver's Side Pillar
Parking Lights(-) Lt. Green Steering Column
Door Lock 3 wire(-) Blue/Black Left Kick Panel
Door Unlock 3 wire(-) Blue Left Kick Panel

possible wires to test for -=)

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies samster..... i am still way confused, is the unlock and lock for both doors? thanks

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay i found 2 blue wires and 2 blue/black wires ... all right next to each other 2 of them are fatter than the other 2

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Please, don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't have a multimeter, and know how to use it, you shouldn't be doing this.

You could severly screw up your cars electrical system... that's why installers get paid a fair amount, cuz they understand what they're doing

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont have a multimeter but that shouldnt matter..... i dont know whats going on, i helped my friend install an alarm on his eclipse 2 days ago and it works perfectly, im not stupid... i know how to install this crap its just that for some reason nothing is working when i connect it, you can hear the computer clicking and horn beep but the doors dont lock, or unlock..... and my switches dont work.... its like i dont have power locks at all. I dont know how i could have caused it because all wires are restored to original right now and still nothing.

·
Registered
942 Posts
door lock and unlock are the blue and green wires in the drivers side kick panel-the work off ground, not power. ground those wires, and they should lock or unlock the doors to test them and make sure they are the right ones.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Don't you have to buy some kind of additional adapter for the power door locks on most imports.. supra included?

·
Registered
121 Posts
yea the lock and unlock should be negative pusle to active best way to do this is having a test light lols its not that many wires so take a test light n start poking out the colors it might not be the same from differnt years?? so im not possitive that its good for you but best bet is to find those colors and test them still

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts