Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Been looking around for coil packs, and while there seems to be aftermarket ones for stock locations for most performance Japanese cars, I haven't come accross any for the Supra. Does anyone know of any aftermarket coil packs for Supra that still go in the stock location? (having a rail of bosche packs next to my engine isn't very appealing.).

Dan.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
That's an interesting idea. I hope somebody knows something.

Joe

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
People here have already used LS1 coil packs on Supras so I'd think the MSD packs for the LS1 would be adaptable too.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
well, nothing but mine have almost 140,000mi. on them so i figured i'd replace them but i'd rather go for a cheaper and stronger after market one than a normal/expensive factory one.

·
Registered
570 Posts
supralover.. usually anything that is aftermarket is not necessarly cheaper nor is it actually stronger. Many supras use a lot of OEM items and the coil packs seem to be one of them . Its a good idea but you would know if any aftermarket ones would work good.. someone would be using them by now! Your right. noone makes them though.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
ive got a set of LS1 coilpacks that are practicallyt brand new,with a wiring harness and hotwires....everything you need to just wire them in and go :) PM me for details. will sell cheap

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
sp71supra: i fully understand that most of the time the factory stuff is best but a lot of times aftermarket parts are cheaper and better. if i could get aftermarket coils cheaper than factory coils then i'd jump on it unless its not as good as the factory stuff.

·
Boostin...
1,265 Posts
Just get some stock coil packs and buy a HKS Twin Power Ignition. Mount your Twin Power to the top of your intercooler and the ignition box will always run nice and cool. You will never have any problems at all with this setup. I run Denso Iridium plugs gapped to .035 at over 28 pounds of boost with no issues at all.

B

·
0 Posts
Ive have been running stock coil packs on 30+ PSI of boost, never seem to let me down. Toyota engineered them correctly, so why change them? We arnt dealing with an inferior product, so leave them stock.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Most of the race cars I know use the stock ones. I know some have tried different setups, but the stock ones seem to work the best as of yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts