Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an ebay downpipe installed, but it does not fit the stock mounting at the bellhousing bolt.

What ingenius ways of supporting the downpipe have other MKIV owners here tried?

stock support cut at circled area

·
Registered
459 Posts
All the aftermarkt dps ive seen have no support. The stock dp is heavy and the new one is not. Just take the bracket off

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll remove the bracket.

The bracket was previously welded to the support to the stock cat, not sure why the previous owner had to do that. Maybe some hack job did not work so he welded the support back for the cat.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you attached it at that point you might have a problem. You're missing the flexible section that was in the stock pipe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
McMsk said:
which one did you get?

looking to get an ebay downpipe. These i have seen:

49 bucks
Cheap ass one, does it fit?

or the megan one?
More money, less problems?

There are several others for 50-100 bucks. Anyone have a link to one that definately fits? Thanks
The Tuning Pros (cheap) one, one of the bolt holes to the studs did not line up but the stud on the car was not the original so that may play a part in the poor fitment as well.

I took a large 1/2" drill bit and widened the last bolt hole slightly and the rest fitted like a glove, not too bad for a 3" dp for less than $100. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts