Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SP61GT Powered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my first question is, does anyone make an after market flywheel for the auto IS300's / 2jz motors, because the dealer wants 250 for one....

Second question. I saw that my trannys is a two piece setup. The bell comes loose from the tranny. so I was wondering what different bells are there? I saw mine said J2 on the case. I belive i have seen one hanging at a local supra/lexus shop that said J3. whats the differance? Also is there anywhere i can buy just the bell?

The reason I ask these questions is because im trying somthing really custom and well it would help me out alot!
thanks in advance
--Arron

·
SP61GT Powered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there isnt any other place? they are kinda expensive! and do you know the differance between them and which one comes with what car?

·
Registered
240 Posts
boosted-bird said:
there isnt any other place? they are kinda expensive! and do you know the differance between them and which one comes with what car?

that i do not know much about you may want to call jeff watson at jaymarks toyota or curt at elmhurst toyota.... good luck...

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
If you are trying to do something really "custom" and it involves higher HP ranges, you should stick with the OEM flywheel. If they DO make an aftermarket flywheel for your car, its not going to be as strong as the OEM, hence the lighter weight. 250 is not bad for one.... i paid about 300 for my flywheel when i upgraded my clutch.

As for messing with the tranny at all in an auto IS300, you had better know what youre doing. The whole eshift can get screwed up very easily by not connecting only ONE wire properly.... then the wires can come loose and a whole bunch of fun stuff.

For more information about this subject. Please go to http://www.is300.net. In the "Go Fast" forums, there is a guy there named Dasgalloway. He should be able to help you out with anything.

·
SP61GT Powered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im on IS300.net

my e-shift doesnt work as it is..... so i figure it cant get much worse...

i just called the dealership and delt with a lady that had no idea what she was talking about. she said her computer called it was a transfer case and i told her she was wrong but she wouldnt listen to me GGGGRRRRR! Then she asked me for my vin which im not sure what that would do for her but the price then changed from being $1150 to $471. And every time i call i get the same person.

Any ways thanks for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts