Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sitting on some greddy gauges that I've been meaning to install but I'm stuck at the power wiring. From what I've learned, I can tap the fuse box or tap the wires going to the cigarette lighter. Now here are my questions:

1. Assuming I get power from the fuse box, how am I supposed to tap from the fuse box? I know I could be ghetto and wrap a wire around a fuse but that's not a very good connection plus since I would need to wrap three wires around a single fuse i don't think I could even fit the fuse in. Is there any sort of cleaner more reliable to tap from the fuse box?

2. I learned that Trent tapped the cigarrete lighter power wires, he told me that basically all the required wires are there. However, I wasn't able to figure out which wire was what, anyone know which is what or know of something I could look at to figure it out? (I checked my TSRM, I couldn't find anything)

BTW I need constant, parking, and ignition taps. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Just some guy
1,682 Posts
light blue/red wire on the cig lighter, its not constant tho, its acc.

As far as the fuse box, go to any stereo/alarm shop, or even radio shack. They make a metal adapter that goes on the fuse when you plug it in and has a male spade sticking out. Wire your wires to a female blade connector and you can plug it into the adapter. Personally, I really don't like that kinda setup.

IG- black/red wire at radio
ill- should be a green/white or white/green wire somewhere there too. double check w/ a multimeter
Constant-Blue/yellow, also at radio

Christian

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
werd, the cig lighter is the place to tap that stuff. Just get a multimeter and check the wire out, shouldnt take more than a minuite or two to check them all out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts