Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the a pain in the ass to install? My fiance is looking for a set for me for christmas. The colors I'm looking for are black and silver. What kinds do you guys have and figure will fit well when installing?

One more question I have is the Indi"glo" guages that suprastore has. Anyone bought them and installed them in there car? I have a set of whiteface guages, but the backing is peeling off and I'm looking at these as another option. I know some consider it rice but I'm looking for whiteface and the ones that I have are falling apart after 3 years. any others out there I can't find anymore kinds.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Pedals are usually just pedal covers. I think some companies may have replacement pedals, but even then it's just a set of pins or screws to remove/attach.

Gauges? Those are pretty straightforward, probably about 20 screws (maybe less) before you get past the clear cover and then you slide off the old faces and slide on the new ones (it's better not to take off the needle because calibrating can be a b*tch)

Not bad at all, it just takes some time and a little patience.

Danny

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hey....

I got a set of reverse-indiglos off of Ebay for about $30 and covered up my metric guages (Canadian 90T).... I installed them and 2 of 'em ain't working, tho they worked when I tested them. I must've loosened some wiring when installing them. Suprasport's seem pretty good too.

The aftermarket pedals are universal, but I got a set off of Ebay as well and the gas pedal looks like it needs some sort of modification to fit over the stock pedal (I'll get to it one day).

There were some "Supra-specific" pedals out there, but they were over $90 last time I saw (someone sent me an email offering them)...dunno where to get them. I did not want to spend that much on a non-performance part...

Good luck...

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Dont buy cheap pedal covers, i got some free ones from my friend, and my gap pedal stuck to the floor while driving, man that made for some scary times!:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I got a set of Razo pedals in my car, they fit perfect and feel great, plus as "car show" points, its carbon fiber :) btw, i got them for $20 also, aight peace

L

·
0 Posts
there is a nice site called www.speedhut.com that lets you design your own gauge faces...also they have nice SS brushed aluminum gauge bezels.

Good prices, dunno quality but it is pretty nice looking from all the pics.

I especially like the Cobalt blue.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate the responses. Those guages from Speedhut are sweet especially with the customizing option. Anyone have a set of them, how do you like them?

Those pedals are pretty nice as well. I'll have to look into those. This gives my fiance some more options for christmas gifts. :) Can't wait to see what they would like in the car.

L

·
0 Posts
O I forgot!!! Watch out with your laces on your shoes when using pedal covers. I have a nice set of blue aluminum ones, and every once in a while I get my laces stuck under the covers cuz of those damn screw/holddown plates that they use to hold to the original pedal.

also, remove the original pedal rubber, as the whole thing becomes super sloppy and hard to feel, if you leave it on.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
lancefloyd said:
O I forgot!!! Watch out with your laces on your shoes when using pedal covers. I have a nice set of blue aluminum ones, and every once in a while I get my laces stuck under the covers cuz of those damn screw/holddown plates that they use to hold to the original pedal.

also, remove the original pedal rubber, as the whole thing becomes super sloppy and hard to feel, if you leave it on.
I think with the ones Rajunz showed actual bolt on's.... not the shit clamp style.

Here's there actual website for the pedals: http://www.racepedals.com/page13.html

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weird the price on Ebay is 52.00 and the price on the site is 79.00 which one do I go with? I like those pedals and they would go well with my interior.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
they always sell em cheaper on ebay, and like everyone is sayin, NEVER get the univeral fitting pedal covers, they are shit, least the cheap ones are..

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got some nice pedals not too long ago through www.speedpeople.com They are metal pedal covers that have horizontal indiglo strips. They work really well and stay clean. Its a cinch to install...I have an automatic...and they were like 50bucks. Worth it in my opinion. You might be able to see em on the pics on my webpage

www.geocities.com/bzdaname

S

·
0 Posts
The Speedhut gauges are top notch quality. You will not be disappointed!

I don't praise aftermarket suppliers often, but Speedhut provides a fantastic product at a reasonable price considering how well it's built.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,939 Posts
I have a set of silver faced indiglo gauges. They match my silver autometer triple gauge lotek pillar pod setup. I paid 27.00 shipped, and they look sweet.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thanks for the help guys. I just ordered the pedals.

http://www.racepedals.com/page13.html

Cant wait to install them on the car.

My fiance is ordering me the indiglo guages from speedhut which should be good with my setup. Can't wait to see what these pieces look like in the car.

:)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
did he respond? i sent him an email on the ebay ones posted above before I posted mine. got an email back saying like $20 cheaper... responded and got a fatal error on his email addy

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
When you install the Indiglo guages, watch out for the oil pressure guage needle. What ever you do, DO NOT remove the needle, as soon as you take out the two screws the needle wiil want to fall off. Hold it in place while sliding the guage face over. I accidently took the needle off and spent 2 hours trying to get it back on. When I got it back togeather, the oil pressure doesnt work right, it only moves up about 1/8".

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pmpaluda said:
did he respond? i sent him an email on the ebay ones posted above before I posted mine. got an email back saying like $20 cheaper... responded and got a fatal error on his email addy
As far as I know he did. Cause they are on there way. A buddy of mine with a EBAY account ordered them for me so I got the price of $52 us as opposed to the $79 us on the site.

Don't know what happened to yours. Try the ebay link and see what happens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts