Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at swapping out the factory seats for some sparco's or something similar... what do you guys do for a seatbelt attachment since the factory seatbelt "receiver" is part of the seat? does the sparco supra base/adapater include a place to bolt the seatbelt thing to?

thanks!
Jeff

J

·
0 Posts
Harnesses attach in the rear seat area or to a roll bar/ harness bar. I have one in my M3. I suggest getting a roll bar/cage with any racing seat setup and harness combination, wihout a roll bar you could get very hurt (neck snapped).

Lates,
Josh

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to keep using the factory seatbelts... hasn't anyone made this work with aftermarket seats? I was thinking that you could just attach the seatbelt receiver to the sparco base... since its a "supra-specific" base you'd think they'd have provisions for that... putting in a cage just to run aftermarket seats is a bit over the top... i've got the full cage and 5-point harnesses in my camaro... the supra is supposed to be my "comfortable" car!

M

·
0 Posts
Sparco seat brackets come with an attachment to put your stock seatbelt clip on. But for some reason, mine are cut (I bought mine used). I guess the previous owner didn't want them there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Jeffb -

I'm running Sparco Milanos (in Alcantara material - very nice!) and I use my stock belts - looks like the "receiver" is just bolted right up to the side of the seat - I believe the rails were purchased through the suprastore (part of an overall buildout, so I don't know some of the specific purchasing details).

I also have a 4-point rollbar and I'm running 5-point Sparco harness - using the bar for the shoulders, side rails for the lap, and have a custom lowr bar being made to accomodate the anti-dive belt.

Here's a pic of the seats:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts