Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Oh What A Feeling !!!
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking about getting the Eibach Pro Kit. I read on other webpages that you can fit them with the factory shocks and struts. Is that okay to do? Or should I go with some aftermarket shocks and struts as well? Some pics would be nice too =P

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
I believe they CAN, but the stock sturts will die alot faster, Id suggest just going all out if you can afford it and get struts right away just my .02 cents :D

·
Professional White Man
2,674 Posts
the stock shocks will suck balls with the new springs. You'll need to get some aftermarket shocks that can be matched with the increased spring rate. Save up for both, or you will kick your self later when you have to take your struts out again to put your new shocks on when the old ones die.

T

·
0 Posts
From what I know, if your struts aren't new and strong then the springs could wear out faster. The springs would have to compensate for the springs and would die sooner. Get everything and be happy with a sweet ride.

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
bringing the thread back from the dead here. im currently riding with aftermarket aerospeed springs with factory shocks. if i were to get to a local part source/princess auto/canadian tire and got some monroe shocks to just replace my stock ones, would i be ok? i dont wanna spend alot of money but i mean the ones on my car are over 15 years old, it wouldn't hurt to replace them. Or would i need to get something in the lines of a performance shock like tokico or something. thanks

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
who says you can't do eibach with stock..slips right on..
unless eibachs are like h&R and intrax the ride would just not be as great.
get some KYB from advance auto..i think they are $45 a shock.

-meng

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
hehe i got an identical setup to u //guyen aerospeed on stock shocks.. what u was thinkin is going with the best monroe shock since u can easily get discounts of u make friendly with the employees... my friend has them on his bagged s10 and they r decent.. not the best, .... the shaft is much beefier than our stock (not sure if this is a good thing?)

·
Registered
144 Posts
A shock is just the shock absorber by itself that can be removed and replaced by itself where as a strut is actually the combination of a shock/spring that is an integral part of the suspension which is why struts also tend to have a larger pistons than shocks.

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
viper92086 said:
hehe i got an identical setup to u //guyen aerospeed on stock shocks.. what u was thinkin is going with the best monroe shock since u can easily get discounts of u make friendly with the employees... my friend has them on his bagged s10 and they r decent.. not the best, .... the shaft is much beefier than our stock (not sure if this is a good thing?)
hey viper, how long have you had your springs in for? and have they fully settled to the full 2" they say they would?

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
viper92086 said:
had them for about a month.... but i got them used.. they settled a lil more than 1.5 in but not 2in... close tho
sweet, thats about the same with mine. i had mine for about a month before i stored my car in october. hopefully it settles some more in storage

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
Tokico blue HP's are like $50 a corner and fantastic matches for lowering springs.

·
Vietnamese Supra Owner
615 Posts
viper92086 said:
heh ur car is fine... i wouldn't lower it more... maybe a lip tho
ya, i had a bomex lip. a girl in a SL500 crushed it though. and my car wasn't lowered at the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts