Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a aftermarket steering wheel was a necessity when putting in control buttons or can you safely put momentary buttons in the stock wheel without interfering with anything?

Is an aftermarket one better or is it too ricey?

·
D u a l s t a r
534 Posts
Here is another steering wheel question:

I was checking out my parrents new BMW 5 series last night, and they have a heated steering wheel. I thought is was kind of dumb at first, but it was actually really neat. Has anyone heard of a aftermarket steering wheel with a heating element built in? I don't know how you would power the thing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think the only down side to an aftermarket wheel is no airbag. I believe there are buttons that can be added using the stock screws. But as for aftermarket wheels, the benfits are better handling (usually smaller wheel) and with less to turn it's easier to turn. Also they have that snap off thing, so you can snap off your little steering wheel when you leave your baby so no one takes her..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
get the JDM TRD 3 spoke "AIR BAGED" steering wheel

its 360mm, not too big~ but i prefer something smaller

like 330mm or 320mm.

its about $700 a piece~ very very neat

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya but you have to import them...

you cant buy them in the US

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The TRD SRS Airbag equiped wheel can't be installed in the US, or can it?

What would be involved with putting 3-4 push-button momentary switches into the wheel, for say something like function buttons for the AEM ECU.

Also want my nitrous control on the wheel somewhere.......

Not because of F&F though, just because I want my hands on the wheel when I hit it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts