Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am well aware this may not be in the correct sections but it is a request/question.

I am in needs of 4 tems compatible struts. I don't care what brand as long as they are not an OEm replacement and support the TEMS feature. I like the tokico Illumina's but I am not opposed to other aftermarket struts such as KYB and Bilstein

If anybody has any up for sale I would love to buy them from you. Or if anybody has other suggestions or routes to take?

Also, would anybody recommend one over the other? I have done research and they seem to be the same. I do not wish to go to coilover just yet but have 4 eibach lowering springs for the struts that I buy.

Please and Thanks Supra Community!

·
Super Moderator
11,529 Posts
The only aftermarket shock (being a double wishbone setup, the Supra uses shocks not struts) that is still available but keeps the TEMS feature is the Tokico Illumina. I bought a set of those and was seriously disappointed.
With the ST springs I installed at the same time, the Illuminas simply did not have enough damping even when forcibly set to 'firm'.
One of the rear shocks blew within three months, and since I sent in the warranty cards, Tokico replaced the shock accordingly. Shortly after installing the new rear one, the other rear one started leaking.

I ended up with a set of Tokico HP blues and swapped them, and the blues actually did the job, and for substantially less than the Illuminas.
If you're willing to spend $100+ per shock I would recommend the Bilsteins.

Honestly, the TEMS system is a joke compared to modern implementations of that kind of system, and unless you are using them with stock springs I would not bother with Illuminas or TEMS.

If you simply have to have in-cabin damping control, spend the money on a set of Tein Flex coilovers and fit them with the Tein EDFC system.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would be happy to do away with my tems. But if I do... then what would be a good set of struts to pair up with my Eibach Lowering springs? I mostly want to yank that shit out so thats one less thing to break later... you know?

·
Total Annihilation
1,931 Posts
If you simply have to have in-cabin damping control, spend the money on a set of Tein Flex coilovers and fit them with the Tein EDFC system.[/QUOTE]

This

·
Registered
285 Posts
Honestly, the TEMS system is a joke compared to modern implementations of that kind of system, and unless you are using them with stock springs I would not bother with Illuminas or TEMS.

If you simply have to have in-cabin damping control, spend the money on a set of Tein Flex coilovers and fit them with the Tein EDFC system.
This!!! If you have the money to ditch TEAMS then go for it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.