Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Speed limits = Guidelines
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is probably aware of insane amount of tubing required to do an intercooled NA-T with the stock intake manifold and throttle body(TB)...too much room for error with all those plumbing connects, not to mention lots of turbo lag, and is not exactly attractive in my opinion.

Rather than drop 600-1500$ on a manifold resembling the TT style, I have the resources to build my own so I'm gonna go for it. The stock TB is big cluttered mess of useless vac lines and little gadgets. I want to toss that big thing and get a nice compact aftermarket TB...thats where my question comes in.

I need an aftermarket TB that will fit the stock throttle position sensor...it doesn't have to fit the stock manifold since im making my own, just has to fit the sensor...can someone steer me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
when I first went NA/T I just used a Mustang TB & TPS Sensor both are 5v you just have to wire then correctly. I since went standalone but kept the Mustang TB. A Lot of people use a Q45 TB as well with sucess.

·
Speed limits = Guidelines
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which year mustang? Are there any aftermarket ones out there I could use? Id like to get one with out any vac lines or anything attached... just the valve and the sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts