Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
15,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been planning on going the Q45 route, but currently have a manifold with the stock bolt pattern.

What throttle bodies out there do you guys know of that share the same spacing...if possible?

Worst case scenario I just cut this flange off and weld on another, but I wanted to do some research first.

Thanks.

· TheFastCoonAss
6,449 Posts
Actually, it would make more sense to find a throttle body that you want to use, then adapt the flange on the manifold to mate with it, including the bore size. Afterall, the bore size is your limiting factor, and to match the 2 will allow for the most efficient flow.

· ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
15,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, it would make more sense to find a throttle body that you want to use, then adapt the flange on the manifold to mate with it, including the bore size. Afterall, the bore size is your limiting factor, and to match the 2 will allow for the most efficient flow.
Well my bore size is in the 3" area which is about where I want to be in the end, so I was just curious if anything else shared the bolt spacing.

· Registered
3,136 Posts
I highly doubt there are any bigger tb's out there that have the same boltpattern. An adapterplate could be an option though. 1" aluminum adapter with sunk in bolts.

· 7M Fanatic
3,614 Posts
I seen them on eBay, but there are none right now.
There is the OEM Group-A throttle, which was 65mm, and had enough wall thickness to be bored to 70mm.
But they are very rare.
I know of 2 in Japan right now, a used one on the manifold, for $500,
and a new in the box unit, that the guy also wants $500 for.
Way too rich for my blood.

BBK made a 70mm TB for the old T-Bird Super Coupe, that is a lot closer to fitting,
but it still requires an adaptor plate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.