Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im having problems finding aftermarket wheels for a 90 turbo. Very little selection. My question though is.....will non turbo wheels be able to clear the calipers with a 5mm spacer? I understand the offset is different, and Im wondering if this will provide enough clearance?

thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys, but the wheel shops Ive called said that there are caliper clearance issues between the turbo and non turbo models?!?!? So the rim offsets are the same also then?

Should I just take a chance and order them?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
The wheel shop person is an idiot. The MKIV setup has definite caliper issues as the TT calipers are MUCH bigger than the NA caliper. The MKIII brake system is the same for NA and for turbo.

In my opinion, any shop that tries to tell me something that is wrong, I stay away from. I mean if they can't get a simple thing like wheel size right, then how are they going to end up looking on your car? There is a HUGE selection of wheels out there for the MKIII, you just might have to look a little longer and a little harder. I wouldn't go with a shop as shady as this one sounds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts