Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my boost leaks that were only alowiing me 4lbs of boost, one at the rubber boot between the 3000 pipe and the intake, the other at the stock BOV and the next at the EGR pressure transducer ( the big bov looking thing behind intake) so i need a new one of those and a stock bov, no biggy. also. I also suspect my wastegate to be stuck a bit, im getting boost late and also obvi little of it, the car sat for a while. how hard is it to take turbo off and lube the wastegate with some graphite? can someone gimie a time estimation, and maybe tell me what egr pressure transducer might cost me?? thanx SF :ugh2:

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
ditch the whole EGR system if you want, i'd expect it to be rather expensive, to take the whole turbo off i've heard estimates of 20 minutes to all nighters depending on experience skill & tools.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
EGR system eliminate it. Buy block off plates and be done with it.

If you know what you are doing, the turbo can be off and on a bench in 30min or less. And the same to put it back on. If you have never done it before, expect at least 3-5 times that long. The first is of course going to be the most difficult.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts