Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after what seemed to me to be a very very long wait, i finally recieved my driveshaft from maxx autoworks. seems like a very nice piece but took forever and by the way, maxx can definately stand to use some classes in communication, but thats another story...

also in the pic are the supracentral semi solid motor mounts.:D

anyway, looks like ive got something to occupy my time this afternoon.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
never tryed the water wetter before. and actually its going into my beater car cause ive been having some temp issues with it. i hear it makes a difference tho.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
screaminglemon said:
maxx can definately stand to use some classes in communication, but thats another story...
Agreed. What's the deal with them. I tried to call them the other day, and the phone lines were down.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: ahh... finally got my driveshaft.

jz_killa_t68 said:
Agreed. What's the deal with them. I tried to call them the other day, and the phone lines were down.
yeah, im not sure they even have a phone anymore. or maybe they just changed their number and refuse to give the new one out to customers. lol. i really dont know. im happy with the drive shaft they made me, but i highly doubt i'll ever buy anything from them again.

S

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ahh... finally got my driveshaft.

screaminglemon said:
yeah, im not sure they even have a phone anymore. or maybe they just changed their number and refuse to give the new one out to customers. lol. i really dont know. im happy with the drive shaft they made me, but i highly doubt i'll ever buy anything from them again.
Yeah they take forever man! Was gonna order some parts from them. Needless to say they took way too damn long and I told them I wanted my money back! Best thing about it was I could drive there and hassle them till they got on the phone and found wtf was going on!

Nice looking peice screaminglemon!

You bought derek's supra a while back right? How's that thing coming along? Noticed the pick in your avatar!

Later
Brandon

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Re: Re: ahh... finally got my driveshaft.

snowboarder61 said:

You bought derek's supra a while back right? How's that thing coming along? Noticed the pick in your avatar!

Later
Brandon
good eye. yeah its derek's old car. and i actually used one of his pics for my avatar cause i didnt have a digital camera untill recently. its starting to come along. an updated fuel system is next on my list (bigger injectors/ pump and whatnot), im just debating whether i should go cheap with a lex afm or maft or if i should go all out and get the aem ems.

·
Sometimes I see dead ppl
1,719 Posts
I wish that I could've driven over there....They're probably the #1 reason I quit supras. I ordered a SDS system from them, it took them 6 months to get it to me, and after I finally installed it, it didn't work. I trouble shot with the SDS people directly (Maxx wouldn't answer phone or e-mail), and out of the blue JT called me and said he sent me the wrong unit, he sent me the one out of his truck and he was gonna send me the right one....that was in January....still waiting.....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
malloynx said:
looking good, but if it was up to me i would have went with the MTL.
werd. i thought everyone here liked the mt-90 best. or royal purple.

ive put mt-90 in before and i was very happy with it, so thats what im sticking with.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
csnow said:
Anyone else sell the aluminum driveshaft other than them?
yes! at least 2 places now. but back when i paid for mine in jan. i think maxx was the only one. at least it was the only one i found back then.

·
Matthew 6:33
887 Posts
Wow, $450....that is expensive. Are the end results worth the cash? How much weight are you saving? I am sure it will help with power transfer and give you higher RWHP. Anyone have any dynos before and after driveshaft?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Maxx never sent me my 700$ intercooler. I Called about 300 times never got a hold of anyone. So their not my #1 place for buying parts anymore.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
csnow said:
Wow, $450....that is expensive.
Yup.
Are the end results worth the cash?
depends. you can get a custom one done for much cheaper if you want to use your old joints. but for me it was less hastle and greater peace of mind to get a whole new one.
How much weight are you saving?
the stocker is 32 lbs. this new one is just over 12 lbs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts