Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are pleased to offer the full line of AIM Sports products, along with being able to offer full technical/track support packages to get the most out of your digital dash/logger. The main product line for us is the MXL family of digital dashes/dataloggers for automotive applications. There is the entry level Strada, the Pista (adds logging capability (8Mb) and G sensor for track mapping), and the Pro (adds more inputs, more logging memory).

The MXL can be interfaced (via CAN or RS-232 serial) with a variety of vehicle ECU's including MoTec, Pectel, AEM, Autronic, Stinger, Hondata KPro and many more. This means that any data going into your EMS system currently (RPM, MAP, speeds, temps, lambda, pressures, etc) can all be viewed on the user configurable digital dash. If you need even more channels than what your ECU can handle, the MXL series has 8 additional analog inputs (12 on the Pro) which you can connect to even more sensors! Fully programmable warning lights (pick the data channel to go with each light, and set min/max values). When a warning light goes off, a message flashes on the dash telling which channel is out of range. The shift lights at the top are also fully user definable.

For those of you who enjoy HPDE/track days/road racing, you can add the optional infared lap timing beacon and receiver. Then you will get live lap time data on your digital dash, along with your best lap time being stored. If you have the Pista or Pro, you can download your session data and use the analysis software to chart your improvements or areas where you were slower. This allows for a great deal of driver training, along with hard data to track the changes you make to your car.

Specify what ECU you are running when you order, so I can make sure you have the appropriate connection diagram. Cables and connections available if needed.

MXL Strada $1050.00
MXL Pista $1850
MXL Pro $2350
12"x24" flat carbon panel with cutout template for Supra $110

I do not sell a finished carbon panel because on the ones I have done it always takes a little individual finishing from the template cut to make the fit perfect. If you are not into the "arts and crafts" type of thing, a good stereo installer should be able to use these pieces for a quality install.

Email or PM me if you have any other questions or would like to order one!

MXL Strada installed into a Mk4 Supra (with labels for warning lights, and additional LEDs for turn signals:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
WOW!!!!

but very expensive.....

Well if you consider how much you save on a wideband display, oil pressure gauge, boost gauge, or whatever other gauge you display, it helps offset the cost. You can just buy the sensors (or in regards to wideband, the sensor and controller).

John can you configure the dash to display the features you want to or are they preset? (I.E. - Lambda, Oil Press, Fuel Press, MAP)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Mark,
The dash can be setup so that you can view whichever sensor you want in any orientation. Also, you can setup the warning lights for both low and high settings (ie, low oil pressure, high oil temp).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Is there anyway you can adapt a fuel gauge to work in the AIM Strada? or is it just a "low fuel" LED light?

Thanks,
Ivan

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there anyway you can adapt a fuel gauge to work in the AIM Strada? or is it just a "low fuel" LED light?

Thanks,
Ivan
I have setup the dashes to use the factory Supra fuel level sensor, and it will show fuel level 0-100%, along with of course the low fuel LED light. It requires a small bit of wiring from the end user to install in the car, but otherwise works great!

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Can you set this display up to play pong? :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have setup the dashes to use the factory Supra fuel level sensor, and it will show fuel level 0-100%, along with of course the low fuel LED light. It requires a small bit of wiring from the end user to install in the car, but otherwise works great!
Awesome, that was one of my main concerns on deciding on the AIM dash.

Thanks

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you going to set up all the pressure sensors? oil, fuel etc?
JPI
Sean has a Motec, so it is tons easier to setup the dash to read what you want with it. Assuming of course those things are already hooked to the Motec for logging, which they should be.

·
Banned
6,638 Posts
Sean has a Motec, so it is tons easier to setup the dash to read what you want with it. Assuming of course those things are already hooked to the Motec for logging, which they should be.
well like the big man said i am running a Motec ecu, and i was already logging most of that stuff, so everything should carry over according to john.

i currently log among other things: fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, map sensor, iat, a/f, driveshaft speed, back pressure, etc... here is a quick screen cap.. i log alot more, and i plan on adding a few more sensors, i am a information junkie.

i am going to go finish wiring it up be back later with pics. , thanks again to the guys at RREV..

·
Registered
112 Posts
ProEFI compatible

RRev, I was wondering if you all were going to have this new ProEFI tested and made to be compatible with the AIMsport dash. Is it even possible? I know they want exclusivity with their own dash and all, but this would be a good opportunity for you all to step up and make this compatible for those of us who already have it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts