Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air bag light just came on for no apparent reason. I have an N/A not a turbo if it makes a difference on this problem. Does anyone know how to fix this or what is causing it?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Go to www.mkiv.com and go to the tech articles section (I believe) or it may be in the faq section. Anyhow it describes a method where you simply use 2 wires ( I yanked them out of my stereo speakers to fix mine when the air bag light went on, fixed the problem then put the wires back to the speakers :) ) . You will know what I mean when you find the instructions. The thing is my light came on for a reason. I had my dash apart to install my boost gauge, if you turn the ignition on while you have certain connectors loose on the dash it will trip the light. I would be concerned if the light came on for no apparent reason as you described.

You may think about having a dealer look at it.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
There is a fault in the system if it came on without you causing it by having the connector disconnected with the ignition on. I believe it works like the other systems in the car. You need to pull the code to find out what the problem is then trouble shoot it according to the factory service manual. If you don't have the manuals then I'd take it to the dealer. Your airbags may not work in an accident.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
supra400hptt said:
If you don't have the manuals then I'd take it to the dealer. Your airbags may not work in an accident.
Very true, my light came on a while back so I took it to the dealer and they determined that the entire airbag system was no longer working. They replaced everything.
I suggest you take it to the dealer ASAP.

nike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts