Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need your help! I bought my car not long ago, I went over a hole on the road, too dark to see! Anyway, there is a big bump and the air bag light comes on. Is this normal? The air bag did not deploy, but does that mean there is something wrong? Thanks!

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
That is not normal. Go to www.mkiv.com -> tech articles -> boost gauge instal on the and of article is a link to how to turn off air bag light.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my air bag light came on. . .and used the info at MKIV . . .it's off and it does work. . .it just took a few tries

·
Registered
532 Posts
if u just ran over a pothole, and your airbag lite came on, that could be something serious. maybe it was in an accident or something. did u ever pry the dash apart to install something, b/c when i installed my boost guage, it came on, so i did the little trick on www.mkiv.com to turn it off. just make sure that the connectors and harness's behind the dash are all connected. when u dissconnect one of the connectors behind the dash, i foget which one it is, then the airbag lite will lite u. turning the airbag lite off is a real sinch. shouldnt take u more than like 2 min tops.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try the method given on MKIV.com. Does anyone know why the light comes on? The sensor too sensitive? Is there anyway for me to check if the airbags are working. Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it comes on when you take your dash apart (the top pice with your milage air bag light,seat belt light, etc. )and unplug the connector from the back of it-while your car is turned to the "ON" position, it won;t happen if it is off. . .thats usually the reason, unless there is really something wrong wiht the bag (obviously)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts