Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, My air bag light just lit up out of nowhere on my 95 NA. Has any of you had this problem and how did you fix it beside going to a certified tech?

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
There's a fix/tech-tip on MKIV.com.... search will give you the link, or youcan just go to the site. I tried int on my GF's N/A Auto and haven't been able to get the light to come off. Might try again this weekend.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
michaelvanle said:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/airbag_light/airbag.htm

I'm not sure what they exactly mean. Do we need to run a wire to the battery?
Yeah.... basically, from what I understand...

Use a long wire connected to the Neg battery terminal and just "toggle" between the 2 points in the Diag box that it says. I did it by myself and tried various toggle-speeds, but still have the light on.

This weekend, we'll try with her looking at the light, as I do this. It seems that it might "flicker" when done right and a second set of eyes will tell you when that happens.

Someone please chime in and tell me if it's different than I just said... THX!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
It does work but it can take a few minutes of playing around. You will probably want to have someone in the car to watch the light. Basically just start alternating the wires to the negative post slowly. To find the correct contact rate, increase the speed at which you alternate the wires at a slow even rate. I think it does start to blink but I can't remember for sure.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does it mean when it says "to make two plugs with wires to fit into connectors"? Does this mean just plug two wires that fit into the connectors?

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
SealSupra-6 said:
What does it mean when it says "to make two plugs with wires to fit into connectors"? Does this mean just plug two wires that fit into the connectors?
You don't need to make plugs.. just put a wire in each terminal. As long as they're firmly in place, it'll be fine. Any good ground would work too, doesn't have to necessarily be the negative terminal of the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts