Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a mkiv and i am back in the supra game, sold my last one in 2016 and have regret it to this day.

The only major drawback to the car is that the AC has been removed for some reason, and i want the AC back. I believe i need all parts, the only part i could find in my garage was a cooler unit (90099-14121)

How many of these parts are discontinued? Is there a cheaper route to go down with aftermarket parts or parts from other cars?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You can get AM condenser, evaporator , which usually comes with it, compressor and that's it
fill with R134 Freon, don't forget to plug in the back of the compressor , oh and the correct size belt

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking more about the pressure pipes in the engine bay, they are all still in production? I guess the RHD and LHD cars have different routing of the pressure pipes?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I was thinking more about the pressure pipes in the engine bay, they are all still in production? I guess the RHD and LHD cars have different routing of the pressure pipes?
I believe they are

·
Band on the Run
1,045 Posts
I just rebought half the AC lines needed to get ac back in my car (my aclines had all gotten crimped/crushed/broken over the years) and all of them are still in print for LHD, EXCEPT if you have the NA chassis the two AC aluminum hoses that go from the firewall on the exhaustmanifold side to underneath the radiator has been discontinued. You can buy the Turbo chassis version though and its pretty much the same its just that the line routing near where the air intake is pointed slightly differently. Also while you can find it on the toyota parts sites for 400ish shipping is going to cost an extra 150$.....

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just rebought half the AC lines needed to get ac back in my car (my aclines had all gotten crimped/crushed/broken over the years) and all of them are still in print for LHD, EXCEPT if you have the NA chassis the two AC aluminum hoses that go from the firewall on the exhaustmanifold side to underneath the radiator has been discontinued. You can buy the Turbo chassis version though and its pretty much the same its just that the line routing near where the air intake is pointed slightly differently. Also while you can find it on the toyota parts sites for 400ish shipping is going to cost an extra 150$.....
Thanks, i'll contact toyota locally.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toyota are not able to get any parts at all in the engine bay. I'm wondering if this is the same in the US, or if it's just Toyota Europe's system that reports these as "discontinued". If someone could check for me if these parts (especially piping) are available in the US that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
9,659 Posts
Your Toyota parts hookup in Europe will be Arnout

·
Smith & Wesson Member
571 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts