Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone point me to any threads regarding the Supra Air Conditioner (mine is not cold)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
make sure your condenser is clean and that there are no leaves or debris in between the condenser and radiator, make sure your system is fully charged with 134a, and if you are using electric fans then expect not too cold ac, due to the higher condenser pressure/temperature, unless your driving at 40+ mph.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Bump for an issue. Took the car to a ac shop and they are saying they filled it up with freon and a dye and It is empty over night. I know nothing about ac's. They are saying it's not leaking from the compressor or any where else and it could be a leak behind the dash. I heard this was very rare. Any recommendations ?

Also it is a ge to gte swap and has an aem v1. Also when freon is added the ac blows ice cold.

·
Very Senior Member
10,056 Posts
Hmmm. Responded to your other post. No need to post more than once.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I realized this was in the technical section and usually doesn't generate many views hence the other thread :). Appreciate the response.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,344 Posts
Had the same issue, it was the L nipple. dye did not help, but mechanics have a tool that can detect freon in the air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts