Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a 1JZ Supra harness/ecu into my 86.5 NA Supra and need some wiring help. Does anyone know what wire/ pin from the a/c amplifier that is for the idle up? What wire/ pin on the ecu is the input for idle up when the a/c is on? What voltage is the ecu looking for ?

·
2Fast4U
1,068 Posts
There was write up on it I recall reading it either here in this forum or in SM.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to have the 1JZ ecu's brownwire-( ACMG pin 6 )Ground the a/c clutch relay by wiring the a/c amplifiers original grounding wire to (A/C control pin 7). That is what I had seen listed in a thread somewhere to do but it did not work for me. I am thinking of just having a 12volt vsv wired into the a/c clutch circuit to supply extra air after the throttle body when the ac is on. Has anyone done this with success, if so what type/ brand/size VSV did you use?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE: I successfuly used a small 12V-3port VSV from an old 7M to get idle up with a/c on. Found the two ports that were normally closed without voltage,open with 12 volts-capped the third. I T'd into the vacuum line that goes from in front of the throttle body to the power steering pump valve for one side of the VSV and the other side goes to a vacuum fitting on the intake behind the throttle body. One of the wires for the VSV goes directly to chassis ground and the other I have tapped into the wire going to the compressor. It does not completely keep the idle speed from dropping but it prevents if from the big bog and almost shakey steering wheel. A VSV with slightly bigger ports would help even more but I am happy. Maybe this will help someone else . Also , I mounted the VSV to one of the nuts on the side of the fuse box in the engine bay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts