Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Swap the 7m top plate over onto the 1jz compressor.. grind a little of the PS bracket to get it to fit and charge the system.. if fl ac is necessary, and I couldn't imagine a car without it.. plus why not hook it up.. taking 50-60 lbs of a/c stuff out doesn't help in a 3600 lbs car.. lol

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
my 1JZ has working A/C that is R134a.

We used the factory lines (which I guess I am the only one that has done that on their swap and gotten it to work). I actually didn't do the retrofitting, but my buddy did it (I used no parts from my 7M compressor).

We just bent the lines to make them fit the 1JZ compressor, and I have no leaks or issues.

So it can be done by someone with skill.

·
Banned
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my 1JZ has working A/C that is R134a.

We used the factory lines (which I guess I am the only one that has done that on their swap and gotten it to work). I actually didn't do the retrofitting, but my buddy did it (I used no parts from my 7M compressor).

We just bent the lines to make them fit the 1JZ compressor, and I have no leaks or issues.

So it can be done by someone with skill.
Cool, thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
So after the lines are hooked up, with the R134 retrofit you just wire up the wires it needs and bam! it works?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts