Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I don't think here are any pros. You will suck up more warm engine air instead of cooler air. It will however take up less space in your engine bay which is probably the only reason to use a setup like that.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Way too much heat in that area. You will get a much less dense air charge, you increase your risk of detonating, and your car will make less power. Supras have high underhood temps, and you're putting the intake right on top of the main heat source. Just buy the damn pipe.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
medici78 said:
Way too much heat in that area. You will get a much less dense air charge, you increase your risk of detonating, and your car will make less power. Supras have high underhood temps, and you're putting the intake right on top of the main heat source. Just buy the damn pipe.

Exactly... The whole idea behind an intake pipe is to move the air coming in further away from heat... with the filter right on the turbo, you're going to get alot of "heat soak" due to the water neck, #1 runner, and all the build up heat that comes from the exhaust side in general. If want a good deal on a intake pipe there are a few on ebay selling for about 35.00 polished.

The only reason I could see the reason for the direct fit with the pictures provided is that the turbo it's on I believe has something like a 5" inlet. 5" is pretty big and may of taken more space than he wanted...

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
the pics you posted are from Nick Hogan's car...

isn't he making like 900 rwhp? (don't quote me)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts