Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea my autometer air fuel ratio guage just came. And as i was reading the instructions i see that there are 4 wires that are showed in the diagram. The wires that are comin out of the guage in the diagram are red, black, violet and white (as most of you already know). My problem is that my guage doesn't have the white wire and that wire is supposed to connect to a 12V dash lighting. So i was just wondering is there a something wrong wit my guage or is it ok.

Thanks, Neal

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
What series of autometer is this? The one I had did not have a white wire as their is no backlight on the A/F I had. It just uses the LED's to light up. So I only had a red (12v switched ignition), black (ground), and violet (O2 signal).

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Trent, its the Sport comp guage. I think you're right about the lighting requirements.

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
dancing light! thats all it really does is dance...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Or you can keep it and use it as a quick glance gauge for a wideband. Its worthless with the stock o2 sensor, though.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I don't believe his question was "What do you think of an Air/Fuel gauge?" was it? If you don't have an answer to his question, then please don't answer. Keep it on topic. If he wanted an answer about it, he woudl have asked what we thought of the gauge, not how to hook it up. He obviously wants to keep it and use it, so lets try to help rather than critisize. Thank you.

·
I want to believe
1,536 Posts
The white wire is for gauges with back lights like the Lunar and C2 series. All the others dont use this wire....they probably sent you with instructions for the C2/Lunar series. Just ignore the white wire instructions...everything else is the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts