Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody made their own cold air intake by taking the cover off their intake and tiewrapping the [email protected] drop in in place and using some sort of foam rubber (gasket ) to seal off the top of the airbox to the hood (when its shut) and running this gasket along the sides as well to keep engine air out? i know that just taking the cover off will add @10rwhp on a dyno and it seems to me this could work. If anybody has any ideas of what to use to make the gasket and connect it and where to get it I would be most appreciative..

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Maybe Brad M will chip in here. I hope someone does.

Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
Maybe your could just completely seal off the top of the box?Might be easier

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I am going to do. I will be going to an auto parts store and getting some of the padding that goes under a pickup truck bed when they get a bedliner. I will use that to seal off the air box and I will tie wrap the [email protected] drop in in tighter. I will let everyone know if it looks stupid but I do know that it should be a cheap way to increase HP for those who do not have an aftermarket intake. All I will be removing is the front part of the stock air box. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts