Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else experience "air noise" with the windows up? seems to be coming from the side mirrors, or the rubber triangle in the corner of the windows. cant tell. makes an annoying wooshing sound like a high pressure air leak.

·
Boostless
686 Posts
I have the same problem. It whistles ever since I had to have the driver side window replaced when the original one was shattered. It leaks a bit water if I wash it with a high pressure hose. I always assumed it was the new window not lining up correctly with the seals around it.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Same here... I thought it was just the shape of the mirror housing. I've considered just tying a towel around the mirror housing to check it out, but never got around to it.

How about this - does anyone NOT have this?

·
Registered
217 Posts
ya i get the same thing, maybe the seal for the mirror needs to be replaced i though it was just becuase it was cracked but it seems to be doing the same thing w/ 4 other cars...
prob more

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,091 Posts
I noticed my car made that whistling noise as well when I first got it. I forgot about it though because I usually have the volume up on my CD player, or the exhaust reverberates back into the car.(gonna have them fix that when I get new exhaust done) Kinda like when you're taking off in an airplane :( lol

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All my mk3's did this. It's just the rubber seal on the window, right at the front.
If you press it hard against the window, the noise should stop. It did with mine

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
Wait a second...

Do you all that have this problem drive a targa model?

I have a hard top, maybe

·
Under Construction!!!!!
156 Posts
no I doubt it is becuase of targa cause i have a hardtop and the same thing happens to me. I'm replacing all my seals in the car so i think that would fix it.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Hardtop here, and I get the noise.

Perhaps if you re-adjust the window tensioner in the door to put more pressure on the outside seal? I think I'll try that.

Ick... means taking apart my door panels AGAIN. I'm getting pretty damn good at this.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts