Supra Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
3,796 Posts
no noise here

·
JDMSoopraDriftoMachine!!1
925 Posts
I've got it bad. I even replaced the seals and it still does it. (they wernt new mind you)

I think its becuase the door is inproperly aligned. I know mine is a tad low.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have that, it's from the window not sealing properly, at least in mine, it was replaced after being broken, i assume, and i get a whistling sound when driving.

Andriy

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
my car will make that noise if with the door close i bring the window down the proceed to roll it up (only driver side) and it never seals right so i always somewhat gently elbow my window to pop it back in place...other drivers have probably gone "wtf is he doing?! breaking his own window??" hahah but yah if i just close the door with the window up all the way it seals just right and no wind noise.

·
Mr. Jiggalo
342 Posts
Guys, all it is, is the triangle interior piece for the side mirrors. Open it up and apply some sort of silicone around the edge and just put it back on. Sounds goes away.... at least on mine and the whistling sounds never came back. Just my $.02

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have it too, and i replaced all the rubber and messed with the window :(

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I have a hardtop that did it, and heres how to fix in this case:

On mine, the air leak was between the triangular mirror piece and the door frame. Go to a local hobby shop that does Radio control stuff and get some "foam wing seat tape." Its foamy single side tape about 3/8" wide and 1/8" thick. I put this on the top side of my driver side mirror triangular piece, and the whistle stopped. I dont get wet when it rains anymore either!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
this was in a toyota service bulletin a long while back, its not the rubber seals, its infact what Virus said, the mirror... Well for me it is anyways, im sure theres another noise that can be made from the window

Ang

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
Yes. Mine appears to be a small irregularity in the weather stripping that goes along the driver's side window. If I wash my car, a SMALL amount of water will get through. It's at the front by the sideview mirror.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have it the noise, too. At least with mine I was that the window wasn't tight in the door and wasn't putting enough pressure on the rubber to make a tight seal. I didn't want to spend the money or the time to fix it yet.
Roll your window down and see if it wiggles a lot in the door. If so then you probably have the same problem I have.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,097 Posts
I do get the rattling when I row down... then back up.

sounds bad, like the glass is gonna break..

my hatch rattles like shit too.

·
This country is too cold.
669 Posts
Ya, that rattling window is a bit unnerving. Its really great when you slam the door with the window half down. Every time I do it I'm sure the window is going to shatter. (It hasn't so far tho so thats good.)

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
Simple.................if you hear a whistling noise you are approaching a sound barrier:D

but seriously noise is generated from:

1. Window not going all the way up and no sealing
2. Gasket around window or inside the door is too old
3. Plastic insulation inside the door eather came loose or missing all together.

Well and the last but not least you car went trough chop shop and they weleded rear quater panel wrong

·
Registered
407 Posts
i got same problem with the wind sound. I tried tucking in my mirrors and it stoped. Must not be aerodynamically designed lol

21 - 36 of 36 Posts