Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood OG
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the past month I recently redid my custom sub box, I wanted to be able to put the targa in the back. So I fiberglasssed the bottom to fit around the fuel cell/spare tire area, I also built an amp rank flush inside the box. Only the bottom of the box is fiber glasss the rest is made of 3/4 MDF.
My question is my previos box was 2.0 cubic feet of air space and my new box is about 1.3 cubic feet, both boxs are a sealed. Now my new sub enclosure sounds like ass, it seems like my sub is bottoming out and I hardly have the gain or bass turned up at all (about half on each).
My current set up is a JLw3v1 with a Mtx road thunder 400 mono amp. In my previous box the JL slammed, now it sounds like i have a small 10 in the back (with the gain and bass barly turned up so the sub doesnt bottom out). I am just wondering if is because i went to a smaller air space? I am pretty sure i have no air leaks, everything is silconed sealed. Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on why?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Today i finally went ahead and got my system components. I two 12 JLw3v1 and 1000/1 amp for both. The shop who is building my shop said they could make it all fit in the back even with the targa. They are doing the same thing you did fiberglass the bottom they said that way i can get a really good seal. I'll post pics as soon as i get the car back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts