Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
Just bought my first Supra, no bulb was in for the airbag light, want it to be funtional.
Steering wheel has oem airbag
Seat belt not connected (shouldnt cause airbag to stay on?)
Aftermarket ECU (neither should affect it, since Airbag has it own ECU?)
Trac delete (?)
Searched what i could about the airbag light, have connected TC & AB (Seperate wires) and jumped them to GND in battery, tried many different speed sequences.
I can make the airbag light go out when AB is connected to GND, sadly i cant seem to find the right speed sequence.
Is there anything i could check or should know?

·
Administrator
8,442 Posts
So you did as shown on mkiv.com article?

Is the airbag ecu in place? Are airbag crash sensors in place? Your upper wheel well liners in tact? Airbag sensor wiring runs up above front wheels behind lines and can get compromised.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and thanks for reply!

Just checked wiring + sensors at wheel well liner, and checked airbag ecu is in place and plugged
Steering wheel also plugged

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,266 Posts
^ Then you just aren't doing the reset sequence right. It's very sensitive to timing.

I do it at the diagnostic port under the steering wheel, with pigtail wires inserted into the connector. Contrary to what the MkIV.com article says, it's 5 toggles total...not "several times". And it's not a "consistent rhythm, about one second apart". It's exactly one second per toggle.

The FSM has a better description of the procedure, and it shows that you have to hold the final connection for a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FSM?
Still cant make it work, gonna try again later.
Can the local dealership read if there is any air bag code? I mean if i actually do have a fault in the SRS system. Just seems odd this can be so difficult haha:p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When im doing the jump sequence, the bulb is flashing, going out for up to 1,5 second. I believe thats what im looking for when doing this? Or should the bulb be flashing like 3 times afterwards?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,266 Posts
The light turns off and on as you go through the toggles. At the end, you hold it to one of the pins (can't remember which), and the light flickers rapidly to let you know that you did it right.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,266 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,266 Posts
Can the local dealership read if there is any air bag code?
Yes, but page RS-44 thru RS-46 of the FSM explains how you can read the codes yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has some spare 4x1 wire and a relay laying around and made fabbed something together, so i could control it much easier.

Works Perfect,
But sadly airbag light still light up after the airbag light flashed very rapid.

So i have to look deeper into the airbag sysyem. Are there any "common" fault i should be measuring with my voltmeter first?

Thanks

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,266 Posts
Nope. Now you need pages RS-44 thru RS-46 of the FSM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright thanks!
Ive only been able to find a '97 pdf FSM online.
Not sure if the SRS changed from 94-97, since cant find RS44 , RS46 on the online pdf.
If any one have pictures of RS44 , RS46 , please post :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks alot (y):)
Got a code 54.
Removed glovebox, no airbag was installed. :rolleyes:
Hopefully ill just need an airbag, if anyone got one for sale, LMK

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,266 Posts
Ahhh...."airbag is.....missing" warning! That's a new one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, Surprised me too lol.
There is some extra Greedy-engine management components i beleive they didnt want to bother with finding a Better spot for. Out Goes the airbag lol.
What annoys me most is, this is the way i discovered this problem...:rolleyes:(n)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts