Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me out guys. I took the seats out of my 1994 GS3 to dynamat the interior months ago. The seats are tied into the SRS system. The Airbag light is on so I pulled the code. It turned up #74.
I searched high and low. I have found lots of info on how to reset the code 41 light on toyotas. I tried that method and it didnt work.
I posted on ClubLexus with no help. I called the local stealers who dont have a clue what I need other than a 100 dollar service charge to plug in thier gawdamn DLC2 plug tool.

HELP ME PLEASE !

· ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,064 Posts
Ok, if you really do have a code 74 and 74 only, the warning light should only be blinking. (right?)

Code 74 is a Open in PR squib circuit
Meaning a problem with:
Seat belt pretensioner RH
Center airbag sensor assy.
wire harness

so, maybe you didn't plug it back in and snap the connector shut all the way. Or perhaps the pins arn't making good connection (common problem) can be solved by some strong tweezers and grab the male pins and rotate it (by bending it) clockwise or counter clock wise JUST A LITTLE!!!

now. you need to clear the codes. I have attached something that will help you, but I'm gonna take it offline soon, so right click and save!

To clear the codes sometimes following this time chart doesn't work. I find it best to go as quick as possible between the two connections many many times. That will usually clear it. If it doesn't clear, you gonna have to recheck the codes to see what is the problem. And if you can't fix it then you will have to spend some money at the dealership.

Good luck.

Ishii

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks ishii, Yea the light is blinking. I pulled the code and it blinked 7-4. Theres not chance its 47 is there ? The seven blinks came first. I have tried that method a bunch of times with no luck. I knew that was to reset code 41, I didnt think it would work on a 74.
I'll go back and check the seatbelt harness. Thank you !

· ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,064 Posts
Did it work? just tap the two wires to ground just as fast as possible aternating. TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,

Let me know.

Ishii

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ishii said:
Did it work? just tap the two wires to ground just as fast as possible aternating. TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,TAP, tap,

Let me know.

Ishii
It still didnt work. I printed out instructions from a few websites that had the same instructions. I can see the power light and SRS flash when I touch the wires so I know ive got a good ground.
Are you pretty sure that the code 74 can be reset using the same method as the code 41 ?

And Thank You !

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ishii said:
Yes, either its a hard code, or your not doing it right. keep trying. tap like a machine gun.

Ishii
Are you aware of any way to reset the hard codes with out using a scanner with the DLC2 adapter ?

Much Thank you

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ishii said:
Hard code means you can't clear it till you fix it.

that procedure will clear any code.

Ishii
Thats great to know. Thank you very much !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.