Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I diconnected my odometer while taking my dash off, the airbag light came on and will not go off. I checked mkiv.com and found the article on how to reset it. I tried doing it and have had no luck on how to do it. Does anybody have any instructions on how to do it that may help me out. Thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yeah i had the same problem. the article on MKIV.com helped though, but 2 days later the light came back on.....any idea whats going on?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did it that way, it took quite a few tires, about 20 minutes. . . .just keep at it untill it stays off. . .mine hasn't come back on for months

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would keep trying it, remember that you really need to have someone inside the car watching the light to tell you if you are doing it right

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
msmont said:
I would keep trying it, remember that you really need to have someone inside the car watching the light to tell you if you are doing it right
yeah, this is a must! - it will turn off and on and off and on etc. . .untill it stays off. . .gota have someone in the car!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clearing Airbag Light

I had this happen to my car just recently.

I took it to the dealer (Toyota of North Arlington), beause I couldn't get it to stay off.

They said that a voltage drop (for example, when you change bettery or have one go dead on you) can trigger the airbag light. When this happens the dealer can clear the voltage drop code off the ECU.

They volunteered to clear the code any time this happens to me. Said to just drive in and holler.

I personally don't know how this differs from the MkIV instruction, but there you are.

Anyhow, my light is now off for good (knock on wood).

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this really is not too dificult, at all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts