1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "SEARCH" area is disabled.
My battery went dead from inactivity, plus I did some
work on the car where I disconnected the interior
dash panel to work on the radio, etc., and disconnected
all electrical adapters including the airbag warning light.

Well, now my airbag warnig light shows it has been
deployed. I do not want to just disconnect that light
or take the bulb out.

I remember reading that there is a way to reset it,
does anyone know????
Thanks............Robert

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not that easy to fix, I took it to my friends mechanics shop that has the electrocnin to disable it and it still took 4 tried. it needs to be certain frequency to work. when that light is on, your airbeg will not work.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
Zerosoul said:
its not that easy to fix, I took it to my friends mechanics shop that has the electrocnin to disable it and it still took 4 tried. it needs to be certain frequency to work. when that light is on, your airbeg will not work.
yeah, i have been trying the way on mkiv.com forever and the F*cker still wont go off. looks like im gonna have to do something similar to what u did

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
bereal

Hey, thanks for all the replys!!! I printed the fixes, and this Saturday, ( 3/30), Supranatural is helping me replace new pads and rotors on my dawg. He has done this fix before, and he will do it for me.

Once the Airbag light is reset, I will update this thread with the results and how it was done.

Once again, thanks guys!!!!!!! Robert

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Thanks guys...

Now I know why mine is on after having stereo work done. Doh! Will try this also - thanks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just recently went through this exercise with my car. I had a new alarm installed and during the process they unplugged the Airbag wire while the key was on so when I picked the car up the light was stuck on too. I found that article about using the wires from the TC and AB terminals to the negative post of the battery. We had to do it several different times but it finally worked so I can vouch for the procedure only that it's kind of cubersome to get the right timing down. Just keep playing with it.

Good luck

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just did this fix yesterday after wiring up a cd changer. . .took about 5 minutes of trying to get it right. The pattern that worked for me was slightly faster than 2 position changes per second (AB to TC to AB in one second) and holding on TC after several changes back and forth.

I also just hooked a wire to the negative battery and used a probe on the other end of the wire to alternate back and forth between the diagnostic terminals.

Hope this helps!

Beau

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RabidChild said:
Just did this fix yesterday after wiring up a cd changer. . .took about 5 minutes of trying to get it right. The pattern that worked for me was slightly faster than 2 position changes per second (AB to TC to AB in one second) and holding on TC after several changes back and forth.

I also just hooked a wire to the negative battery and used a probe on the other end of the wire to alternate back and forth between the diagnostic terminals.

Hope this helps!

Beau
its actualy easier to have two wires hooked into the two terminals then switch the wires back and forth on the battery. it took about 5 minutes with two people but was not that hard.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree..use two wires!!!! tried it with one wire and it wasnt working for shit...when I used two wires it took me about 4 tries and it worked!! light blinks really quickly then goes off....a beautiful sight :)

Helpful hint: if you dont have a friend to look at the light, tape a mirror to the drivers seat head rest....its actually better to do it this way because you have more feel of whats going on.

Another hint (speculation): I dont know if this had anything to do with it working so quick, but as soon as you release the wire from TC connection, make sure to instantly touch the AB connection..ie dont leave a connection untouched during the process....keep doing this, and wait ~ 1 second before switching off..

Jack

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
RScott said:
what kind of wire should i use?
any specific gauge?
does i just plug it straight into the plugs or do i need a certain type of connector?
Any gauge wire works. Connect it from the negative terminal of the battery with an alligator clip, and then go TC, AB, TC, AB, etc.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree...any gauge wire works but I used 14 gauge to play it safe. Make sure you have a good connection to the negative battery terminal, then just make contact to TC and AB, you dont need to stick the wire in..just make contact...you will see the airbag light go off when you touch one of the connections (forget which one it was) and stays on when you touch the other...when you see the light go off, wait and see if it comes back on...if it does, keep repeating the process, if it blinks quickly then goes off..you got it made!

·
Registered
90 Posts
LOL. Went to Toytoa to see how much they'd charge to turn off my Airbag light and they wanted $85 for diagnostics + some other bogus charge.

Instead I used the TC, AB, TC, AB method and it worked like a charm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts