Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm looking to purchase an Aircard within the next few weeks.
Anybody have any advice/experience/do and don’ts on these things?

·
Wingless FTW
594 Posts
I use a VZ Aircard on my laptop at work, so I can access certain websites that would otherwise be blocked on our work computers. It's a bit slow as far as the connection speed, but otherwise has been great.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
They work fairly well. The newer cards have speeds of to 3mb Download.

3,796 Posts
I was thinking about getting one real soon as well. Nothing like the internet cutting out while Im at a final table. :mad:

Any brands to check out/stay away from?

·
There can only be one!
1,604 Posts
I've been thinking about this as well. I don't feel like putting up with Qwest's bullshit, as they are my only option in the area. And would be nice to have if i travel, etc.

Who has the best service?

·
Photogenic Monkey!
78 Posts
id like to get one, but i still gotta do some pricing research.. when they first came out, the prices seemed exorbitant (~$80/month??)

Nothing like the internet cutting out while Im at a final table. :mad:
ouch! :( did you lose out?

3,796 Posts
No, thankfully a buddy of mine was still awake and he logged on and played from his house for about 10 - 15 min, until my service came back.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have one and love it. It's $70/month after taxes and shit, but I can handle business anywhere now. Even faxes that get called into my 1-800 number go straight to PDF format in my email. If you like to work on the move you can't NOT have one.

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
I have an old Merlin S720 from Sprint, get's about 2mb. Sprint has a lot more better cards out that get about 3mb-4mb. If you live in the Baltimore area, you'll get 4G speeds.

I pay nothing for mine, it's free for me.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
All I hear about is how great the sprint aircards/data service is. At&t from what I hear has the best upload speeds by far which makes it overall the quickest 3g network, but it definitely isn't the fastest for downloading. Most of them run around 60 a month. All but Sprint have 5GB caps for the month but I heard that Sprint is also going to impose one soon enough (if they haven't already). Don't pay for the card either, most of them are free (atleast after rebate).

·
The Chimp
371 Posts
It really depends on the area you live in. Go with the company that has the best reception for cell phones in your area.

For my area its Verizon. So we have those cards for work.

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
I would definately go with a sprint air card. they have a couple of free ones, the compass, which is the older version, and the newwer one, check their website out. you can try it out for 30 days, and if you don't like it return it with no cancelation fees. I used to work for sprint, and I got it while i worked there, great air card. I don't use it to download, just check emails forums and youtube vids, and it works very decently.
~Ahmed

·
Borris the blade..
243 Posts
It really depends on the area you live in. Go with the company that has the best reception for cell phones in your area.

For my area its Verizon. So we have those cards for work.
Truth!! Just go with the cell company that has the best reception. Everyone sucks around my area except for Verizon. BUt out in the boonies....AT&T has the best reception. I have Verizon and its pretty damn fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts