Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these are made for MKIV'S? And if so by who. And are they nessasary?.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Mike, shame on you. :)

Our cars have what is called an "SLA" (Short Long Arm), or double wishbone suspension with coilover shocks.

It is fully adjustable for Camber and Caster using the eccentric cams located on the mounting points of the lower control arm.

Caster/Camber plates are used on McPherson strut suspensions, where the shock is a load bearing member of the suspension, normally fix mounted to a strut tower that is part of the structure of the car. Think Mustang.

Honda uses SLA on their cars, but neglect to make it adjustable thus all the kits around for the Civic crowd.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Opp's sorry:pat: . But I was told by UNDER PRESSURE that this was needed for better launches and that there is not enough adjustment stock. They have some custom made camber plate's(Rear) but they don't want to sell to the public. JC swear's with those and there coilover's our car's could carry the wheel's on dr's.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chip, I hit the wrong smile.DON'T take it serious, Sorry.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
deavenly1 said:
Chip, I hit the wrong smile.DON'T take it serious, Sorry.
That little guy sticking his tongue out doesn't hurt my feelings. :)

What does UPRD want to set the rear camber to? Since one of the good things about an SLA is the camber curve that keeps, or tries to, the tire planted flat on the road as the suspension compresses I would imagine you have to start off with positive camber (the top of the tire sticking out) to have the full tread surface in contact with the road as the rear end squats.

No wonder they don't want to sell them, the car would be dangerous to drive as the back end would want to move out around a turn, especially if you let up on the gas.

Trailing throttle oversteer. Think old Porsche. Fun but scary. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly, they said possitive 3 deg. becaues of the irs squat. And Yes he said at the track only. He also suggested unbolting one side of the front sway bar to release tention. And snap the front suspension.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dusty at MVP sells the adjustable upper control arm for the rear - it may get you the +3 for the strip, and be easier to change than a plate setup.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts