Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering an AL driveshaft, however, I noticed under my car that the 2-piece driveshaft has very little clearance (maybe 1/4 - 3/8") from the HKS mufler/resonator. Did any of you have rubbing problems with a 1-piece driveshaft?

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
anyone ever have one custom made? I know that crown victorias have aluminum DS in them, has any one had one custom made from one? I havent takend measurements so I dont know if they would fit, just curious.

·
Registered
344 Posts
cassio said:
anyone ever have one custom made? I know that crown victorias have aluminum DS in them, has any one had one custom made from one? I havent takend measurements so I dont know if they would fit, just curious.
yes, some poeple on here have custom AL driveshafts. basically take your car into a place that does that kind of work. they will measure, lop off the joints from your old shaft, and weld em to an AL tube. it does the job for less than half the price of getting a new shaft from one of the above places but then you still have your old joints. i didnt want to trust my old joints so i got a new shaft from maxx with new spicer joints.

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
thts what I figured, ill look into it in the future. I have a few other things to do, but my DS is driving me crazy.

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
I went with CF.

Seems to be working fine, but I have not driven the car much lately...

LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts