Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a greddy full auto turbo timer that while running lets my alarm arm, but when it shuts off my alarm disarms itself.

ignition-controlled door locks are off, and right now i just lock the doors if i can't wait for the timer to finish, or i wait for the timer to finish and arm the alarm after the engine has shut off.

anyone know how to make it so the alarm can be armed while the TT is running and not disarm when the TT shuts off? i've heard cutting the blue wire works for greddy TT's as well as HKS's... not sure though

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yea, i was gonna try that on my blitz when i got it a year ago... just goes to show how procrastinative i am ;)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, so simple.

So for all of y'all with the GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer: just cut the blue wire coming out of the timer unit snip! and you can use your alarm again (the blue wire from the unit itself NOT the one at the harness)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually you should install a relay that opens the igntion circut to the alarm so that it can arm when you pull out the key. But that would just be the correct way to do it.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hrm. find and buy relay, figure out where to put relay, take apart console, cut wires, splice/solder wires, mount relay, put console back together

or

snip! done.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kungfufil said:
hrm. find and buy relay, figure out where to put relay, take apart console, cut wires, splice/solder wires, mount relay, put console back together

or

snip! done.
werd.........just did this on my BLITZ DTT-DC2 and it worked great!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
polobai said:
dammit i just did this on my hks type 0 and it wont work-oh well, just have to wait for it to turn off i guess.
you sure you cut the right wire?

cut the wire coming from the turbo timer itself, not the wire on the harness.

·
Registered
942 Posts
where is that meet at? i would love to come but i live in fl-and hot import nights miami is the next weekend-anyone goin to that? me and my crew will be representing down there. i would like to go to this meet though, any info on it? pm me if anything.

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
polobai said:
ya i cut the right wire-the blue one right off the timer right?
i know this is an old thread but for the sake of those searching in the future...

i cut the blue wire coming from the TT and it worked great... using the HKS Type 0... 97 TT with an aftermarket alarm..

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I tried different options with my Blitz TT and it NEVER worked to allow the alarm arm (and even lock doors) when it shut off. Then I used an aftermarket alarm, same thing. Gave up on all that BS. When I install theaftermarket alarm in my 90TT project, it will have a built in (intgrated) turbo timer.

I gave the Blitz away and figured that for the $80-120 that I'd spend on a TT alone, I will just spend a lil' more and get a decent alarm with a few other features... turbo timer, remote start, keyless entry, etc, etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts